Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in July 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast. Enjoy!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Rock Point by Carla Neggers
Quote:
New York Times bestselling author Carla Neggers enthralls readers with her suspenseful Sharpe & Donovan series. Read the untold story of one of her most beloved characters in this special prequel novella, Rock Point.

Seven years after suffering an unspeakable loss, Finian Bracken is recently out of seminary and leaving Ireland to serve a small parish in the quaint but struggling fishing village of Rock Point, Maine. Here he meets FBI agent Colin Donovan for the first time...and discovers the dangerous secrets he left back home in Ireland. Smugglers are using the Bracken family's old whiskey distillery as cover for their illicit activities--and the violent group isn't going down without a fight.
The price hasn't dropped yet, but this prequel novella is supposed to be free from July 1 through August 31

Harlequin.com

Sony

Omni Lit (not listed yet at All Romance eBooks)

Kobo

Amazon

Last edited by library addict; 07-01-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: fix name of novella (oops!)
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Do you mean Rock Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Declan's Cross by Carla Neggers The price hasn't dropped yet, but this prequel novella is supposed to be free from July 1 through August 31
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, it's Rock Point that's supposed to be free (and is at B&N, the only place I checked). Declan's Cross is a full-length novel, and your quote specifically says it's a novella that will be free.

EDITED TO ADD: I see your links are to Rock Point. It's the header "Declan's Cross" on the post that's confusing me.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-01-2013 at 04:07 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
This is what I get for posting so early in the morning. I fixed the name.

And I forgot about B&N

It's now free at Harlequin and Sony.

Still waiting on Amazon, Kobo, and OmniLit.

Last edited by library addict; 07-01-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: update
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
If you were waiting for any more books on the B&N sale to come down in price at Amazon, it looks like the last batch of them was price matched this afternoon.

I was waiting for Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones to be reduced at Amazon to $3.99 and it just came down about an hour ago.
Thanks for the heads up! I was watching for the rest of the Destiny series from Toni Blake to drop...

Even though it's Monday am, I thought I would check to see if Amazon's price had and was still dropped - and they are!! So I'm off to one-click before they go back up
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Codes are still working this am! Time to play roulette and try to guess which books my library WON'T pick-up (always the ones I do buy, never the ones I hedge!).

I have TWO 45% codes left I won't use if anyone wants - PM me!

And is it just me or is it odd to see Andie McDowell on the cover of Debbie Macomber's books?

Last edited by NixLapi; 07-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
DANL's new titles are up (at least at this page):

Jeanette Murray, The Officer and the Secret
Amelia Grey, The Rogue Steals a Bride
Kris deLake, A Spy to Die For
Roseanne Bittner, Paradise Valley
Grace Burrowes, Mary Fran and Matthew
Isabel Cooper, No Proper Lady

Only six titles so far, so two more might pop up.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
A Spy to Die For looks well
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
The first in the numbers trilogy by Sarah MacLean is on sale. I loved the whole series.
$1.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003C2SP46

Quote:
A lady does not smoke cheroot. She does not ride astride. She does not fence or attend duels. She does not fire a pistol, and she never gambles at a gentlemen's club.

Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has always followed the rules, rules that have left her unmarried—and more than a little unsatisfied. And so she's vowed to break the rules and live the life of pleasure she's been missing.

But to dance every dance, to steal a midnight kiss—to do those things, Callie will need a willing partner. Someone who knows everything about rule-breaking. Someone like Gabriel St. John, the Marquess of Ralston—charming and devastatingly handsome, his wicked reputation matched only by his sinful smile.

If she's not careful, she'll break the most important rule of all—the one that says that pleasure-seekers should never fall hopelessly, desperately in love.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Codes are still working this am! Time to play roulette and try to guess which books my library WON'T pick-up (always the ones I do buy, never the ones I hedge!).

And is it just me or is it odd to see Andie McDowell on the cover of Debbie Macomber's books?
Thanks & Happy Canada Day!
I hear you on the roulette game, Murphy's Law right? And yes, every time I see Andie McDowell on the cover it strikes me as odd too!

Both of Priscilla Glenn's books are on sale for $.99, Emancipating Andie and Back to You. They have very good reviews at GoodReads and now I've bought both of them [but haven't read them yet]
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post

First time I'm seeing the Andie McDowell covers! I used to have a serious girl-crush on AD after seeing her in the movie, Green Card
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #12
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
First time I'm seeing the Andie McDowell covers! I used to have a serious girl-crush on AD after seeing her in the movie, Green Card
For me it was "St.Elmo's Fire"

Also for those of you who are interested, a bunch of those 'Crimson Romances' are dropping in price. [Can't remember who posted, but just noticed it at ERIQ].
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Hey everyone, I need to say thank you, for all the comments and discussion on this thread. I have found several great authors, I would not have given a try without everone's input. Such as Rachel van Dyken, to date I have purchased (on sale or with coupons) all but two of her books) and I will read those shortly. And...Andrea Smith another winner. Diamond Girl was fantastic, I'll start the next book in her series sometime today.

So....Thanks to everyone again and btw "Thank you, Apesmom."
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Leashed (Going to the Dogs) by Zoe Dawson is free on Amazon
Quote:
Jack has some ‘splainin’ to do!

That's right! Callie Lassiter's normally well-behaved Great Dane Jack has run off and done the wild thing with the neighbor's dog. It must be puppy love! It's doubly embarrassing since she's a professional dog trainer. Of course, the neighbor would have to be hot, hot nightclub owner bad boy Owen McKay, just the kind of man Callie is determined to avoid.

Owen’s comfortable with his playboy status and the hype in the media. But the ground moves beneath his feet when he gets an eyeful of the girl next door. The Dog Whisperer never looked this good! How can he convince this wholesome honey that his player days are behind him? Maybe Jill, his Great Dane can help him with this dilemma now that she’s pregnant and Callie’s dog is to blame.

Is this bad boy a bad bet?
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Courted by a Cowboy ($1.99 Kindle), a Wyoming Legacy novelette by Lacy Williams, is free from Barnes & Noble and Sony, courtesy of publisher Love Inspired Historicals.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cour...=9781459243408
https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/la...00000001054784
koland is offline   Reply With Quote