Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #91
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you Pini, I had got that far, but that is not enough - the only way I can make the theme work is if I go down to 4 grays, but then the whole image looks awful! This shows that the problem is not the size of the picture (1200x825), but the size of the file. Anyhow, many thanks for trying!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #92
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
need updated pbres for 16 gray scale themes

Paola:

You can list the contents of a pbt file with 'pbres -l modern.pbt'. That shows that the PB provided modern theme contains resources such as 'view3_common:4'. My guess is that the ":4" means that these are raw 16-gray scale images, which take 4 bits per pixel to store. They're also twice as big as the plain 'view3_common' image data, which are 4-gray scale, or 2 bit images. The 'pbres' executable which is in the SDK doesn't produce these 4-bit images, so I think we can't produce the nicer looking themes until we have an updated 'pbres'.
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #93
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

gshank, many thanks for this! Looks like we'll have to wait some more, but at least know I know why it did not work. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #94
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
guys, are you not just amazing?! Thanks to you, fjtorres and kacir, even a monkey like me could tweak Kosta's wonderful sheep theme, and change the settings so that you do not have to create the book directory to see your books - which I wanted to avoid not to mess up things with Calibre transfers.

I left the "Journals" and "Documents" directory, and did not mess with either the German or Russian translations, as I know neither of these languages! I attach both the .pbt file (in a zip file because of the otherwise unrecognised extension) and the tweaked .txt that generated it.
Presumably the same tweak can be applied to all other themes with the requirements of additional directories.
Paola you have helped me before very much and now I think you will again Sheeps is my fave theme too! I have been using it but "Soft" is linking to the games directory and not applications. On the PB 360+ it looks like it deletes the game directory sometimes on boot up I lucked out and was able to restore the apps in there but I can't keep putting apps in games only to have them deleted! I came in late in the conversation so I'm trying to piece together theme editing but it gives me a good feeling that you edited the same theme to do the same kind of thing. I am going to keep looking but if you could sum up how to do something like this in one post I would really appreciate it!
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #95
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdream View Post
Paola you have helped me before very much and now I think you will again Sheeps is my fave theme too! I have been using it but "Soft" is linking to the games directory and not applications. On the PB 360+ it looks like it deletes the game directory sometimes on boot up I lucked out and was able to restore the apps in there but I can't keep putting apps in games only to have them deleted! I came in late in the conversation so I'm trying to piece together theme editing but it gives me a good feeling that you edited the same theme to do the same kind of thing. I am going to keep looking but if you could sum up how to do something like this in one post I would really appreciate it!
Hi Violet,
first of all bear in mind that I am really no techie and go mostly by (very basic) trial and error. Having said this, it is quite easy to change this. First of all you have to download the themes editor from this post of Kacir's as well as the Sheeps material, and unzip the whole lot. Then you go into the sheeps directory, and edit the "Sheeps.txt" file with any data editor (my advice would be to make a copy of the original sheeps directory, or keep the zip file in case anything goes wrong".
What you really want to do is to edit this line:
Quote:
menu.item.10.action=OPENDIR,ANY:/games,@Games,@Games_empty
substituting to "games" the name of the applications directory in your machine. Then you save the file, run the "bat" file in the same directory, and obtain a "Sheeps.pbt" file in the directory above the sheeps one - that's your theme. But I suspect you can do much more than this, so just play around with it and change the directories as you like them. Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #96
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Thanks very much! I added your Books mod, along with Games pointing to applications now. I also replaced Journal with a link to the Browser instead. That one was slightly more tricky because you need to know the file system, but I just copied one of the other entries that linked to a .app and put in /mnt/ext1/applications/browser.app and now it launches from the Sheep menu!
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #97
paola
Wizard

glad it worked!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #98
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

PocketThemes 3.0

Apparently there is a version 3.0 of the theme creation package that hasn't made its way from the Russian forums to here yet. It's Windows only, and allows you to create 4 bit resources. I haven't played with it much yet.

I added in a translated copy of the instructions.

Gerda
Attached Files
File Type: zip PocketThemes-3.0.zip (4.21 MB, 1212 views)
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #99
gshank
Enthusiast

collection of themes for 360 plus

I collected a bunch of themes to try on my 360 plus, so I thought I'd share them here. I haven't exhaustively tested each one, but I've modified them to point to the /applications directory when necessary, and to use acontent.app instead of notes.app.

The Britanica theme is very nice and has a different layout. I made a couple of minor modifications on it in the 'brit_var' (for Britanica variation) theme.

Themes included:
Covers.pbt, ant360.pbt, brit_var.pbt, cleanmix.pbt, minimalist.pbt, pocket-theme.pbt, LastOpen.pbt, britanica.pbt, five.pbt, modern360.pbt, stamir.pbt,
Sheeps.pbt, beauty.pbt, cleanlook.pbt, fred.pbt, note_five.pbt.

I also included the wifi-on.app & wifi-off.app used by britanica, and the history.app used by brit_var (which allows you to modify the last-open-book list).

Enjoy...

Gerda
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #100
gshank
Enthusiast

Actually upload the pb360themes.zip file...

Apparently I was too impatient and closed the window before it uploaded... trying again.

Gerda
Attached Files
File Type: zip pb360themes.zip (1.22 MB, 789 views)
Old 07-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #101
paola
Wizard

great, many thanks!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #102
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshank View Post
Apparently I was too impatient and closed the window before it uploaded... trying again.

Gerda
thanks a lot,gshank!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #103
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdream View Post
All you have to do is copy the apps to the Journals folder while your device is connected via usb to your pc. Then they do not get deleted and you can access them by going to "Journals" on your main sheeps page. You do not have to edit the theme. Much easier.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #104
gshank
Enthusiast

new 360 plus theme package

I've uploaded a new 360 plus theme package with corrected bitmaps (that include transparency) in the developers section. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76#post1672576
Gerda
Old 07-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #105
gshank
Enthusiast

Theme decompiler

I'm uploading my theme decompiler. You can use this to extract the config file and BMP resources from an existing .pbt file.

This should help in developing themes for which the theme source hasn't been made available yet.

The zip file includes a Windows upbtres.exe, and an executable for Linux, 'upbtres'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip upbtres.zip (38.8 KB, 1870 views)

Last edited by gshank; 07-25-2011 at 04:15 PM.