Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
mphoseeko
Edge User

Connect to my macbook

Hi, all
Can some one tell me how to connect my edge with my macbook , when I plug in my cable nothing happens.
Thanks, Steve

Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
done
Edge User

Have you followed the steps listed in the knowledge-base? The steps listed are for a PC but it basically works the same. I am guessing you may have missed step 5.

Here is the link to the article but I will post the steps below:
https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...kbarticleid=83

To connect the enTourage eDGe to a Computer:

1. Make sure both your PC and your enTourage eDGe are powered on. Locate the mini-USB-USB cable included with your enTourage eDGe.
2. Connect the standard-sized USB connector to a USB port on the PC.
3. Connect the mini-USB connector to the enTourage eDGe through the port on the top of the device next to the Wi-Fi switch.
4. On a Windows PC, you will see the notice New hardware detected. Do not allow Windows to search for a driver (select Cancel on the prompt).
5. On the enTourage eDGe, the Notification bar will indicate a new notification indicating a USB connection. Pull down the notification bar to open the notification.
6. Choose Mount to connect the enTourage eDGe to the PC. You should now be able to transfer files to the enTourage eDGe from your PC.
7. After you have moved the files to the enTourage eDGe, you need to pull down the USB notification at the top of the LCD and select Turn Off.
8. Disconnect the mini-USB cable from the enTourage eDGe.
9. To locate your files, open the Library. Select Storage--> Internal Storage-->Public.

Let me know if you still have any issues.