Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
I looked for a picture of a kitten and a Kindle to go with your thread, but this was the closest I could find:

Here you go. This is my 19 week old kitten and a K2

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #47
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Here you go. This is my 19 week old kitten and a K2

What a gorgeous cat. Is kitty really chocolate brown like in the pics?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
What a gorgeous cat. Is kitty really chocolate brown like in the pics?
No, she's black but getting pics to turn out good hasn't worked so well. This was with auto settings on my camera, but I need to mess with the manual settings to get a good pic I think. I've had her for two weeks and a lot of that time has been spent getting her well from a respiratory virus so there just hasn't been time for pics really yet.

This pic with her eyes closed show her color better...

Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #49
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I have two black kitties and they can be very hard to photograph. They often look brown in sunlight, too. Still, she's gorgeous. Her face has such personality.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #50
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
One of my cats was a very dark chocolatey brown with black points - in anything other than bright light he looked black!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #51
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
No, she's black but getting pics to turn out good hasn't worked so well. This was with auto settings on my camera, but I need to mess with the manual settings to get a good pic I think. I've had her for two weeks and a lot of that time has been spent getting her well from a respiratory virus so there just hasn't been time for pics really yet.

This pic with her eyes closed show her color better...

She's so adorable! Looks just like my sweet Karma who passed away last week. I hope she's as wonderful a friend for you.

Does she have any white on her at all?
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Does she have any white on her at all?
Just a little tuft on her chest.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #53
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Even more like Karma. Black (and black/white) kitties usually have such wonderful personalities. Give her an extra snuggle from me?
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #54
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Quote:
My little girl does, too. Only now she has a bit more because she's "of a certain age". Her brother that passed last years was completely jet black and they're both so glossy the just look like a blur in photos. I only ever had one good picture of him his whole life. My other black kitty has a bit more white. His rear paws are white as are his whiskers. It gives him the most curious expressions. He isn't nearly as glossy black as the other two so he actually photographs fairly well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3003722002_5486ba3651.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24298  
Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #55
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Here's the little debul herself! See! Nice and calm when I am on the laptop! Pick up the Kindle and the horns come out!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	py1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	24302   Click image for larger version

Name:	py2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	24303  
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #56
Alisa
Gadget Geek

I wants to skritch her tummy!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
arg !!! cuteness overload in this thread !!! i can't stand it !! so i'm going to add a few more photos of cute kittehs.

Quote:
I have two black kitties and they can be very hard to photograph. They often look brown in sunlight, too. Still, she's gorgeous. Her face has such personality.
sheesh, i know, it's like trying to photograph a black hole, all the light gets sucked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Even more like Karma. Black (and black/white) kitties usually have such wonderful personalities. Give her an extra snuggle from me?
Quote:
My little girl does, too. Only now she has a bit more because she's "of a certain age". Her brother that passed last years was completely jet black and they're both so glossy the just look like a blur in photos. I only ever had one good picture of him his whole life. My other black kitty has a bit more white. His rear paws are white as are his whiskers. It gives him the most curious expressions. He isn't nearly as glossy black as the other two so he actually photographs fairly well.
that is a beautiful cat ! i love the white whiskers and toes. and that's a gorgeous photo as well, so expressive.

krisk, your little devil reminds me of my own devil. here are a couple of photos which show just how difficult it can be to get a little reading done around here. also a couple of photos of my other cat, who is grey and white and therefore takes an excellent photo also she's so cute it's almost unbearable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bookcat.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24304   Click image for larger version

Name:	bookcat2.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24305   Click image for larger version

Name:	cestinsoutenable.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24306   Click image for larger version

Name:	danslefauteuil.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24307  
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #58
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
One of our neighbors' cats got stuck in our apricot tree overnight, and while I was standing outside trying to coax her down, I thought of this thread and wondered if I should borrow someone's Kindle. ;-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
One of our neighbors' cats got stuck in our apricot tree overnight, and while I was standing outside trying to coax her down, I thought of this thread and wondered if I should borrow someone's Kindle. ;-)
any paper book should work. just pretend to be very engrossed in trying to read it. works every time in my house.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #60
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg !!! cuteness overload in this thread !!! i can't stand it !! so i'm going to add a few more photos of cute kittehs.

sheesh, i know, it's like trying to photograph a black hole, all the light gets sucked in.

that is a beautiful cat ! i love the white whiskers and toes. and that's a gorgeous photo as well, so expressive.

krisk, your little devil reminds me of my own devil. here are a couple of photos which show just how difficult it can be to get a little reading done around here. also a couple of photos of my other cat, who is grey and white and therefore takes an excellent photo also she's so cute it's almost unbearable.
That first pic should be lolcatted with caption: "Litr nds chngd. NAOW!"
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote