Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #1
smallfish
smallfish began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
My HanLin is always freezing

My new Hanlin will just freeze for no reason and the only way I can continue to read is to take out the battery.

Has anyone got any advice?
smallfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
What firmware version are you using?

Also, it might be a battery problem (I've read in this and other forums that some batteries shipped with HanLin devices can and do give problems): you can buy a new original Nokia battery to replace you device's one and see if it is any better.

I'd try other firmwares before, though: if an lbook or EZReader (or OpenInkPot) firmware solves yoru problem, you don't have to spend money for the battery
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfish View Post
My new Hanlin will just freeze for no reason and the only way I can continue to read is to take out the battery.
Did you try a paper clip in the reset hole on the back?

I second Lo Zeno's advice to try a new battery, see Unstable BeBook becomes stable with a Nokia battery. Also see Support for EZ Reader devices outside North America. for Astak's take on the issue - they agree that usually its the battery.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
My EZ Reader did the same thing will all of the different oem firmware that I tried. I had a bent paper clip that stayed on the table next to my reading chair it was so common. Open inkpot is the only one that doesn't just randomly crash requiring a reboot. I haven't yet tried a new battery but it is definitly on my list of things to get.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Trying another card also worked for me. A good indication of the problem was that my reader was stable when I removed the old card and read books from internal storage.
And of course OpenInkpot worked with the old card. OpenInkpot is a miracle!
But here it seems like the battery is the culprit.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert