Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
cyberfly
cyberfly began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
after reflashing 505 behave strange and doesn`t recognizes any - SD or SonyMS cards

Hi, All!
I`m an newbee. after I flashed my prs-505 with last update and then installed cyrillic language support - it started to behave strange - turns on by itself and doesn`t recognizes any od SD or Sony MS cards. Hard reset just cleaned everything but 505 works the same way.
Please anybody advice, if there any chance to do downgrade of 505`s software.

NB: my apologies for mistakes possible, English is not my 1st language
cyberfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, cyberfly!

I'd say your first step is to re-flash with the base firmware and see if that fixes your 505's strange behavior. If it does, then you'll know the conflict is with the Russification process, and perhaps you can work out the difficulties from there.

I've not tried to Russify one, and I still use my 500 anyway, so I can't really offer any more specific insights, but I know there are other folks around the forum that can.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
cyberfly

Thanks, but unfortunately, nothing happened. The point is that the base firmware is f+++d up.
Tried to reflash with last version from Sony site. It says "you allready have a last version, update aborted". Any way to update from SD card?
NB: I`m using Ubuntu 8.04, not Windows
Any help is more than appreciated
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
See the section "If you are unable to run the Sony Updater because it complains that your Reader firmware is current..." in this post.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
cyberfly

Hurrahh!
I did it! The way is just to use universal flasher. Unzip it without installing, change the versoin and it works great!
Thanks to everybody for help
Advert