Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
rjnndy
rjnndy began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet, apple iphone
Sorting by First Letter..etc.

Hi, this is my first question on here. I have calibre, and when I updated to 2.16 today, I can no longer sort my Author, Tags, etc by "first letter". No matter which one I click it still just gives a long list of all authors. Before it would show A then all the "A" authors, B then all the "B" authors and so forth.

What am I doing wrong? Help would be appreciated!
thank you.
rjnndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Right click one of the Authors in the list:Change sub-categorization scheme: tick by first letter
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
rjnndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Right click one of the Authors in the list:Change sub-categorization scheme: tick by first letter
thank you for responding!
Umm, that is what i've done, but it doesn't change. I have clicked on Author>change sub-categorization scheme> By first letter and Nothing! I have tried by partition too, but once i click then it closes up all the 'lists' on the left hand side of the window and so I click to expand the authors and they are all just listed, no divisions what-so-ever. I am stumped!

I've used calibre for a long time and never had this issue after upgrading before. I even tried uninstall 2.16 and re-install 1.6 and it still does the same thing now.

I'm sorry if I am missing something, but I have been trying to fix this all day! It is driving me bonkers! :/

any other idea or advice?
Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:44 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Check the number in Preferences / Behavior / Tag Browser "Collapse when more items than". My guess is that it is set to a large number.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #5
rjnndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Check the number in Preferences / Behavior / Tag Browser "Collapse when more items than". My guess is that it is set to a large number.
chaley, thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!!!! It was set to 1000???? so I set it to "1" and IT WORKS!!!! don't know how it got that high of a number but anyway, thanks again for everyone's help I appreciate it!!!!!!

I am a happy camper!!!
Advert