Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
How do you get ePub books straight from Dropbox on Shubook or Stanza and iBooks?

2. Also, is Stanza currently working on iPhone 5? The one I have is having error.
3. Also, is there a some sort of cloud for iBooks where you can store the same books for all different devices?
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by automa View Post
2. Also, is Stanza currently working on iPhone 5? The one I have is having error.
It does but there are plenty of glitches in Stanza on iOS 6. Unfortunately, Stanza has long been abandoned by Amazon. I kept my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 and a couple of iPod Touch on iOS 4.3 just for Stanza. Planning to replace Stanza with Marvin Reader when the iPhone/iPod version eventually gets released.

Quote:
3. Also, is there a some sort of cloud for iBooks where you can store the same books for all different devices?
Cloud syncing of actual ebook files via iCloud, nope (at least not for sideloaded content). iTunes sync might work, though. I just leave Calibre server running on my PC and browse and download ebooks via Safari (Open in iBooks).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
How do you get ePub books straight from Dropbox on Shubook or Stanza and iBooks?
Just use the Open in function in Dropbox, it definitely works for iBooks and should also work at least for Shubook I think.

Regarding syncing, I use iTunes to get my books on iPad and iPhone, but that's because I use iTunes anyway to backup my iThingies' content and to update apps, and I use iBooks for reading. Probably won't work for most people.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Just use the Open in function in Dropbox, it definitely works for iBooks and should also work at least for Shubook I think.

It does. Works also for Stanza, Marvin, Megareader, Bluefire and many others.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post

Regarding syncing, I use iTunes to get my books on iPad and iPhone, but that's because I use iTunes anyway to backup my iThingies' content and to update apps, and I use iBooks for reading. Probably won't work for most people.
How do you use open in function?
Does it make any difference if you jailbreak?
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
To use the "Open In" function - have the book open in Dropbox. Then, there is a download arrow in the upper right of the screen. Press that and you will get the option to open the book in the app of your choice (as long as it reads that format and is installed on your iPad).

Oh, and this works even if Dropbox can't display the book. For example, Dropbox will tell you it is "unable to view [an epub] file." Just press the download button and it will still work to download to your app

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote