Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
jclmaster
jclmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Pocket Edge - Tube Player won't load video

All of a sudden today the Tube player quit loading videos when selected from the search list. Any thoughts?
jclmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
meredith.olski
meredith.olski began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge dualbook
mine just did that too. posted for help earlier, 48 views but no comments...lol.
meredith.olski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith.olski View Post
mine just did that too. posted for help earlier, 48 views but no comments...lol.
I suspect that most of us looking either don't use the video player or haven't seen the problem so can't offer useful advice.

I do have one bit of advice - try the paper clip reset and see what happens.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
meredith.olski
meredith.olski began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge dualbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
I suspect that most of us looking either don't use the video player or haven't seen the problem so can't offer useful advice.

I do have one bit of advice - try the paper clip reset and see what happens.
Yeah, we did the reset about a week ago when it was having some other problems. another paperclip reset last night when I noticed the video issue. I even did the reset in the settings today. anyway, contacted woot because I thin kmine was refurbished anyway, and they are sendin me a new one.
meredith.olski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I thought my Tube app worked. It did last time I tried, but today, no. TV.com still works. Is it a change in YouTube, perhaps (as suggested by Emusan in another thread)?

Good solution, meredith. It's nice to get a new unit when that's what you've paid for, even if YouTube is still not accessible.

I know in the past people were able to get Tube working after upgrading to Ermine, but if my experience is anything to go by Ermine is no longer a fix for that particular problem.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Same here - Tube is not working, but the YouTube app I got with the forum's updated ROM still works. It may be a glitch on their end.

On edit - not too sure WHERE I got it, but it's working.

Last edited by Triskalleon; 08-05-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
jclmaster

I copied the Youtube apk from my Motorola Defy over to my PE. It works but hangs sometimes forcing me to power the PE off/on to recover.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
What about playing youtube videos from youtube and then having them open in tube player, does that not work either anymore? (Time to fire up the edge).

[edit] It works for me, just go to youtube.com, search the videos, select a video and click play and it will start playing them. If they don't play, let me know and we'll try some troubleshooting.

One thing I thought of is maybe from there HD videos might not play correctly, but they should really. Perhaps try an old one and a new one just to be sure.

Last edited by mokel22; 08-07-2011 at 09:21 AM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
jclmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
What about playing youtube videos from youtube and then having them open in tube player, does that not work either anymore? (Time to fire up the edge).

[edit] It works for me, just go to youtube.com, search the videos, select a video and click play and it will start playing them. If they don't play, let me know and we'll try some troubleshooting.

One thing I thought of is maybe from there HD videos might not play correctly, but they should really. Perhaps try an old one and a new one just to be sure.
I had to use m.youtube.com. Otherwise the video had the circle/ symbol and wouldn't play. Dolphin HD crashes when trying to play anything on m.youtube.com
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #10
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclmaster View Post
I had to use m.youtube.com. Otherwise the video had the circle/ symbol and wouldn't play. Dolphin HD crashes when trying to play anything on m.youtube.com
I was using m.youtube too, but I'm pretty sure there is an option to use the desktop version on the home page (at least there is for me). In addition I'm using Dolphin HD when trying this. Perhaps it is a PE problem?
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

for kicks, i just tried the youtube app that I installed with the other google products and I'm able to view videos on my PE.
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
My tube app doesn't work either. Going to youtube.com in my regular PE browser works fine though.
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
maspears
maspears began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Question no working tube

I'm having the same problems as you guys are having with the utube loading. Have 2 pocket edges- one running dingo and the other upgraded and neither works. Will post if this mystery get solved.
maspears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #14
Emptora
Emptora began at the beginning.

When I go to a video either in the default browser or the Tube app, I click the video to play it and a pop-up says "Cannot play this video".

Thoughts? I am on 1.6...
Emptora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
yeah, the my tube player also died, it will list the contents but not play it.

Actually at freewarelovers, the youtube app is up and it seems to work so far.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/youtube
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote