Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #22006
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Black Coffee in a Tigger cup!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #22007
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Zen tea in my Eeyore cup

and chocolate cookies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eeyore mug.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	95858  
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #22008
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
La Frenz Sauvignon Blanc
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #22009
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Bond was awesome. Oh my freaking god it was good.
I find it the best Bond- film ever. It has all: adventure, goodlooking actors, a believable storyline with some depth, allusions to other Bond- films etc. I would't mind seeing it again. I saw an interview with an actress who, when being asked to play a part in it, immediately said " yes", without looking in her agenda......

In my cup: hot coffee
In my hand: cracker with humus and the Saturday-newspaper.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #22010
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Tonic and lemon after a lovely day visiting a friend in her new house, a really cute, slightly hobbitty sort of house in a little country town.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #22011
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Whenever my son was fussy, I would read to him. Just the sound of my voice droning on and on would lull him to sleep. When he was very small, I would read the paper or my book outloud.. he didn't know the difference.
Hahaha! Wish I'd though of doing that, instead of the same old kids books over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Bond was awesome. Oh my freaking god it was good.
Definitely one of the best, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I find it the best Bond- film ever. It has all: adventure, goodlooking actors, a believable storyline with some depth, allusions to other Bond- films etc. I would't mind seeing it again. I saw an interview with an actress who, when being asked to play a part in it, immediately said " yes", without looking in her agenda......
I was thinking the same thing - I'd like to see it again already (and not just 'cos I missed a bit by having to take my youngest to the toilets...). Who'd have ever thought Daniel Craig would end up being the best Bond?

Black decaff in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #22012
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now, I really want to see the film. I usually wait for the DVD release and watch at home, but this is really tempting me to go see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Hahaha! Wish I'd though of doing that, instead of the same old kids books over and over.
<snip<
I couldn't do that when he got older and did pay attention to the story.

We read through the whole Serendipity Series (70+). Then bought the Bugg series and started on the From the Land of Barely There series. The author visited his school and we got a signed copy of the hardback of the next series. The illustrations were fantastic and the writing used beautifully descriptive adjectives. He originally turned down NY publisher and self published as he wanted to make pbacks that were affordable. Years later he did team with a publisher, but his books were probably 1/3rd the cost of other kid books at the time. I don't know what they are now. We still have all the books and they were his favorites.

Cold morning, so hot coffee in my cup.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #22013
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
(Ah, ah) Oh, no, don't let the rain come down
My roof's got a hole in it and I might drown
Oh, yes, my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBGG49T50E )

Good morning, all. Sunday morning rains have forced a cancellation of our ride today. A group of us were going on a Fall Foliage Ride into Mie Prefecture, through the mountains along a beautiful river valley, but the ride had to be postponed. It's pouring down buckets out there! I don't mind riding in the rain (I stay dry inside my rainsuit) but the others must be a bunch of wusses cuz they ALL backed out, even my wife!

Oh well... Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea today, a bowl of miso soup, rice, and sliced salmon. I think I'd prefer the salmon on a bagel with cream cheese but the soup and rice is lower calorie. I'll have a bagel next week. There is no rush.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #22014
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Salmon and rice is good. Bagel and a schmeer is arguably better, but can't really complain either way.

Friends coming over for dinner, tonight. Making chicken enchiladas, with all the usual sides.

O'Keefe's India Pale Ale.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #22015
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Rotten day today. Heading towards a tryst with Talisker a tad early tonight. Stella has been trying to soothe me by becoming a lap cat - but the poor baby goes to sleep and "oozes" off onto the floor. Still - the intention is good.

I don't have an Eeyore mug (where did you get yours dreams?) - but I do have an Eeyore "action" figure of sorts - he sits on the arm of my reading chair and cheers me up.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #22016
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I don't have an Eeyore mug (where did you get yours dreams?) - but I do have an Eeyore "action" figure of sorts - he sits on the arm of my reading chair and cheers me up.

I have a Zen 'inaction' figure next to my meditation chair. It moves me towards total nothingness daily. Twice daily, actually. Which makes me wonder... nothingness times nothingness? Does that equal somethingness?

I think I need more tea.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TAO.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	95914  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #22017
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Rotten day today. Heading towards a tryst with Talisker a tad early tonight. Stella has been trying to soothe me by becoming a lap cat - but the poor baby goes to sleep and "oozes" off onto the floor. Still - the intention is good.

I hope the Talisker helped tonight.

My Eeyore mug was a gift from a long ago fiancé. He was at Disneyworld, said it reminded him of me, so he bought it and had it mailed out to me.

What is the Eeyore "action" figure of sorts like?

Hot chocolate in my Eeyore mug, but it isn't quite doing it for me. I need to think of something else to make.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #22018
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My Eeyore is a little stuffed companion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	31zkmG4tQML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	95917  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #22019
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Aw so cute. When I was 16, a boyfriend gave me an Eeyore that was about half my size. I was trying to find a pic of one, and the below is the closest I could find to what it looked like.

Name:	eeyore.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	95919
Then of course I couldn't resist this one as I was looking.
Spoiler:

Name:	eeyore and umbrella tail.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	95920

Hot coffee in my cup now.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #22020
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Finished up with a glass of Ardbeg tonight

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?