Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Janice Daugharty
Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Writing Yourself into Understanding, by Janice Daugharty

When I started my long short story, "Little Horses," I must have subconciously known that it would wind its way into becoming a metaphore for the physically small but big-hearted couple who boards abandoned show ponies. When their new neighbor, a lonely, boring college professor, moves in down the road, they befriend him. The professor, new on campus, regularly invites the couple to campus events to prove he is worthy of interesting friends. At some point, the couple begins to understand that the professor is using them for show, sort of like the ponies they allow to range their run-down property. How can the couple end the friendship with the selfish professor without hurting his feelings? Well, it happens one night when finally the professor comes to the same realization. Janice Daugharty

See "Little Horses" in multi-format ebook at most online book sites
www.janicedaugharty.com
I love to hear from fans!
Janice Daugharty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charity, friendship, selfishness, show ponies