File "site.py", line 51, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 1550, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 415, in command_add
File "site-packages/calibre/library/cli.py", line 67, in get_db
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 70, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 44, in create_backend
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 349, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/filenames.py", line 115, in is_case_sensitive
IOError: [Errno 13] Toegang geweigerd: u'/media/big4/books/calibre_test_case_sensitivity.txt'

anybody know how I can fix this?

grtz
jm
jmwatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
that pattern looks just weird to me

(I don't normally use calibres CLI)

The epub on the end ? shouldn't that be *.epub (assumes you only want epub)
Does calibredb do file/folder (wildcard) recursion?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

No, I don't think it does. The one time I used calibredb to do a mass import, I made a big batch file with 'calibredb add'-commands using a Total Commander plugin.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

filename globbing is handled by the shell. (and will match the . in .epub, but usually we try to be more specific. )

And globbing will not recurse directories with the double-star, unless you activate
Code:
shopt -s globstar
http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/syntax/expansion/globs
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
filename globbing is handled by the shell. (and will match the . in .epub, but usually we try to be more specific. )

And globbing will not recurse directories with the double-star, unless you activate
Code:
shopt -s globstar
http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/syntax/expansion/globs

mark 'Basic *nix user' next to theducks name

just because I started using Unix back in 78, UTS in 88, Linux in 2008 does not indicate that I scratched the surface of the power of the Penguin
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:30 AM   #7
jmwatte
jmwatte began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Problem solved

Problem solved itself.... Maybe the disk wasn't mounted? I'm not sure. Anyway, thx for the help. Gtrz
jmwatte is offline   Reply With Quote