Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
imperceptible
Banned
imperceptible is on a distinguished road

Device: I want to get a reader to read to my off spring.
Talking Which E-book would you recommened to A Canadian? And why? Eh :) -->

Hi my name is imperceptible. Recently I have made the decision to buy an E-book reader and can't decide which one. First I thought, Oh sony reader is cool and a solid unit I'll buy that then I did some research and found out that its for Americans only. Then the Amazon Kindle I came to the same conclusion. Then the others had thier flaws and I came down to one. The Cybook Gen3. Although I dont want to be biased so i decided to ask you guys for help! Yay! Super Threaders unit and come forward with a verdict!

I am new to this forum so if I commit any offenses please exuse my actions.

About me:

-I have a PHD in Medical
-I am a graduate from Stanford
-I am currently studying to become a lawyer(Stanford didnt accept me back they said they wanted younger candidates)
-I read about 85 pages an hour and about 350 pages a day (Book a day)

Ok not that you read that all I'm gonna tell you the truth. I just started reading a few weeks ago consistantly and I dont know that first thing about law or medical.

On a seriouse note:

I currently live in Nunavut in the winter and the Artic during the summer. I live with my wife clika and my 25 off spring. My family enjoys reading and hunting for fish. On of your main hobbies is writing the human language. I enjoy interacting with humans every once in a while to make my day easier by realizing how much smarter the penguin race is compared to the human race. Please tell me about yourself, I'll be back soon after I catch my meal for today.

Last edited by imperceptible; 12-17-2007 at 05:44 PM.
imperceptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperceptible View Post
Hi my name is imperceptible. Recently I have made the decision to buy an E-book reader and can't decide which one. First I thought, Oh sony reader is cool and a solid unit I'll buy that then I did some research and found out that its for Americans only. Then the Amazon Kindle I came to the same conclusion. Then the others had thier flaws and I came down to one. The Cybook Gen3. Although I dont want to be biased so i decided to ask you guys for help! Yay! Super Threaders unit and come forward with a verdict!

I am new to this forum so if I commit any offenses please exuse my actions.

About me:

-I have a PHD in Medical
-I am a graduate from Stanford
-I am currently studying to become a lawyer(Stanford didnt accept me back they said they wanted younger candidates)
-I read about 85 pages an hour and about 350 pages a day (Book a day)

Ok not that you read that all I'm gonna tell you the truth. I just started reading a few weeks ago consistantly and I dont know that first thing about law or medical.

On a seriouse note:

I currently live in Nunavut in the winter and the Artic during the summer. I live with my wife clika and my 25 off spring. My family enjoys reading and hunting for fish. On of your main hobbies is writing the human language. I enjoy interacting with humans every once in a while to make my day easier by realizing how much smarter the penguin race is compared to the human race. Please tell me about yourself, I'll be back soon after I catch my meal for today.

Well, clearly you want to be able to buy and download the widest range of ebooks available through online purchase (that knocks both Sony and Hanlin out of the running) without having to deal with the mess of not having Whispernet available (that knocks the Kindle out of competition) or spending too much (oops, there goes the iRex iLiad from the race) which pretty much leaves the Bookeen Cybook Gen3. You will, of course, want to order it through Not Another E-Book ( http://www.naebllc.com/ ) as our store goes online this week. Then you want to get your legally-purchased Secure Mobipocket ebooks from Fictionwise or Mobipocket.

Have a GREAT DAY above the Arctic Circle!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Hmmm something smells fishy.

I'm not sure you'll be happy with any of the E-Ink readers as they don't work below freezing and non are water proof.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
imperceptible
Banned

I will keep it warm by sitting on it. And I will read very fast for 30 seconds then sit on it again to warm it up. I want to be able to read to my offpring to make them better hunters and basket weavers.

Thanks

The Penguin Master
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I'm buying none of it.

We all know that Santa Claus kicked all the penguins out of the north because they were messing up his front yard.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Well, clearly you want to be able to buy and download the widest range of ebooks available through online purchase (that knocks both Sony and Hanlin out of the running) without having to deal with the mess of not having Whispernet available (that knocks the Kindle out of competition) or spending too much (oops, there goes the iRex iLiad from the race) which pretty much leaves the Bookeen Cybook Gen3. You will, of course, want to order it through Not Another E-Book ( http://www.naebllc.com/ ) as our store goes online this week. Then you want to get your legally-purchased Secure Mobipocket ebooks from Fictionwise or Mobipocket.

Have a GREAT DAY above the Arctic Circle!

Derek
Yes. I suppose he could also look at the iLiad but I think the Cybook is more ergonomic for those lacking opposable thumbs. That Wacom pen might be a bit tricky otherwise.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
imperceptible
Banned

Barcey and to whom it may concern,

Recently I have been told that I am not a penguin and that I am a human instead by many "forum people". Well today I am here to stand out for my brothers and sisters of Pengtopia and say I am a PENGUIN! I am proud to be a penguin, and always will be a penguin! If not today or tommorow the penguin race will flurish and dominate the reading circuit once again out smarting or nieghbours the "humans". Recently we have sunk what you called Atlantis and built an underground city plotting our revenge breeding so quickly that the human eye would be blinded by black and gouged out by the yellow. We are the unstoppable race that will not stand behind the humans as fluffy but as smart and courageous. THIS IS PENTOPIA!

The Penguin Master!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can recommend The Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson. The first book in the series is 1st to Die and it is a total of 6 books.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Barcey and to whom it may concern,

Recently I have been told that I am not a penguin and that I am a human instead by many "forum people". Well today I am here to stand out for my brothers and sisters of Pengtopia and say I am a PENGUIN! I am proud to be a penguin, and always will be a penguin! If not today or tommorow the penguin race will flurish and dominate the reading circuit once again out smarting or nieghbours the "humans". Recently we have sunk what you called Atlantis and built an underground city plotting our revenge breeding so quickly that the human eye would be blinded by black and gouged out by the yellow. We are the unstoppable race that will not stand behind the humans as fluffy but as smart and courageous. THIS IS PENTOPIA!

The Penguin Master!
As a fellow canadian, I am a bit surprised to learn that there are penguins in our conutry! I have always been led to believe that penguins contrari to popular belief, are only found in antartica!

Who are you really????

Captaingeorges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote