Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #136
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oh, crap! I mean, YAY! WELCOME BACK, QUEEN ZELDA!! (marc, help me pick up these beer cans; and get your feet off the couch, will ya?)
Why? Will it mess up all the dog hair you left on there?

[buuuuuurrrrp!] What beer cans? I don't drink beer?

Quote:
We have missed you terribly and are most grateful for your happy return!
What'd you bring us back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Anyone seen the cats?
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pehHNJWKf3g

Coolly,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #137
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'll see if I can at least post pics of the aubergine beads. They are very pretty. I haven't finished the earrings yet. I'm leaning away from colored earwires, though I could get niobium ones that wouldn't irritate the skin (the color is due to diffraction by an anodized layer, not a coating). Hm....

Edit: this picture looks a lot like the eggplant beads I have:

So if you really want them, you can buy them here:
http://www.seed-beauty.com/servlet/t...-x-Cute/Detail
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #138
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, have the cats forgiven you , yet?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #139
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
So, have the cats forgiven you , yet?
the cats are so thrilled to have me back that they've been little purring balls of bliss who are rarely more than a metre away from me since i "rescued" them from the friend who took care of them while i was away. really, what hypocrites. you'd think she starved them or mistreated them or something. oh well, it's nice to feel loved.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #140
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the cats are so thrilled to have me back that they've been little purring balls of bliss who are rarely more than a metre away from me since i "rescued" them from the friend who took care of them while i was away. really, what hypocrites. you'd think she starved them or mistreated them or something. oh well, it's nice to feel loved.
Purrrr.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #141
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Purrrr.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #142
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Huh. Thspud, the Nip Addict won't talk to me for at least a day after we're gone for vacation.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #143
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Huh. Thspud, the Nip Addict won't talk to me for at least a day after we're gone for vacation.
huh. thspud, the nip addict clearly does not realize / appreciate the wondrous, near miraculous nature of your presence in his daily life, as my cats do about me. perhaps too much drugs have dulled his perceptions and you should cut him off the nip for a while.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #144
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Our previous cat, Homer (he's not dead - our Sydney neighbours adopted him when we moved north), would drive us nuts when we got home from any time away. He'd spend all night purring on your pillow and trying to cram his face up your nostrils, and would, outside of bedtime, wander to different parts of the house and whine (his rather pathetic meow made one suspect he was a closet alcoholic and smoker) until you called him, then he'd come down, climb onto your lap and spend 20 minutes trying to get comfortable ("comfortable" meant "Rub me on the tummy or I'll keep moving") and basically trying to shove his face up your nostrils.

Damn it, now I miss the little bugger.

Cheers,
Marc (who doesn't go anywhere without the dogs)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #145
pshrynk

Homermust have taken annoyance lessons from Thspud. That cat can crawl around on you for hours, totally ignoring the disparaging remarks and sarcastic witticisms being cast at him for being such an attention whore.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #146
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Raven (our black cat who sadly developed stomach cancer a few years ago and is now keeping Kuan Yin amused with his antics) used to get really mad at me if I left for a trip. When I got back, he'd follow me all over the house, just so he could make a point of ignoring me.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #147
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Our previous cat, Homer (he's not dead - our Sydney neighbours adopted him when we moved north), would drive us nuts when we got home from any time away. He'd spend all night purring on your pillow and trying to cram his face up your nostrils, and would, outside of bedtime, wander to different parts of the house and whine (his rather pathetic meow made one suspect he was a closet alcoholic and smoker) until you called him, then he'd come down, climb onto your lap and spend 20 minutes trying to get comfortable ("comfortable" meant "Rub me on the tummy or I'll keep moving") and basically trying to shove his face up your nostrils.

Damn it, now I miss the little bugger.

Cheers,
Marc (who doesn't go anywhere without the dogs)
Quote:
Homermust have taken annoyance lessons from Thspud. That cat can crawl around on you for hours, totally ignoring the disparaging remarks and sarcastic witticisms being cast at him for being such an attention whore.
hmm. Bast, the Annoying Dog-Cat With No Conception of Personal Space (that's her full name, as it appears on her passport) must have been at the same school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Raven (our black cat who sadly developed stomach cancer a few years ago and is now keeping Kuan Yin amused with his antics) used to get really mad at me if I left for a trip. When I got back, he'd follow me all over the house, just so he could make a point of ignoring me.
sometimes i wish bast would make a point of ignoring me.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #148
zelda_pinwheel

by the way, whilst travelling, i discovered taylor's secret identity when he's not on MR.

Click image for larger version

Name:	taylors01.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	17679

here's a closeup of the sign so you can read it better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	taylors02.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	17680
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #149
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
In what locale did you find that lovely place?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #150
zelda_pinwheel

in Niagara-on-the-Lake, in Canada.

Tags
unutterable silliness, zelda