Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #91
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Would the 'bread box' contain rolls of any kind?
I was playing 20 Questions, and the item I chose was a bread box. It was a devious trick, one of the archetypal questions is "Is it bigger than a bread box?" Thus, the answer is no, but people assume from that answer is that is must be smaller than a bread box. I don't think I've ever seen a bread box, most people only know about it from 20 Questions.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #92
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I was playing 20 Questions, and the item I chose was a bread box. It was a devious trick, one of the archetypal questions is "Is it bigger than a bread box?" Thus, the answer is no, but people assume from that answer is that is must be smaller than a bread box. I don't think I've ever seen a bread box, most people only know about it from 20 Questions.
Ha! I tried this on my daughters, when they were about 6. We were at our family cottage where we do indeed have a bread box.

Thing One: "Is it bigger than the bread box?"
Me: "No"
Thing Two: "Is it smaller than the bread box?"
Me: "No"
Thing One and Thing Two in Greek Chorus: "It's the bread box!"

They get their smarts from their mother, obviously...
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #93
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Dag, I forgot to come back here and mention that I received my CoylCushion last week. Not that I've forgotten my CoylCushion; I've been using it just every time I crawl into bed to read and it's great. Flexible, sits on my chest nicely, holds the Paperwhite perfectly for comfortable reading, and as you can see from the photo, it's pretty as all get-out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CoylCushion Tom Sharpe 1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	95030  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #94
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
If I'm reading a book, I usually do manage to eat at the same time, especially if it's a book I can't put down. Though I do try to avoid getting food on the book as much as possible.,,
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #95
Cataphonic
Cataphonic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
What happened to just enjoy your food and take some time off. We're bombarbarded with information all the time, and don't really have time to digest them.
I'm not saying I'm any better, I can watch tv, have my ipad on one side checking news.
In them good olden days, we Thought about the news we got, today they go down with the spaghetti bolognese.
Cataphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #96
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just for clarity sake for those outside the UK. It's a roll. Bread is not a roll. So its not a bread roll. It's either a roll or bread. But not both at the same time.
I think the ambiguity comes about from the different names of small bread products; if you were to simply ask for a roll in the UK, they would either bring you a roll of toilet paper, or think that you were suggesting some private time.

Where I come from, we say "batch". A bread roll is something the posh people have.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
auntiem
Enthusiast
auntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enough

Device: nexus 7
Sometimes I'll read while I'm eating. As I have a tendency to spill everything, I do need to be really careful though. lol I do find reading and eating much easier to do with the reader than it was with a book.
auntiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #98
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Most Japanese food (and Chinese as well) is already bite sized, optimized for chopstick eating. The problem is noodles in soup... The splashing gets my e-reader all wet!

Stitchawl
That's why I listen to an audiobook while consuming Nebeyake Udon!

I'm with Wolf that "bread roll" sounds redundant - kind of like an "ink pen"! Can we have some context here though? I'm assuming you mean you're ordering lunch, and want a (bread) roll as part of the meal? Or are you ordering it as an a la carte item of some sort?

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 11-30-2012 at 12:02 AM.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #99
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
That's why I listen to an audiobook while consuming Nebeyake Udon!
Audio isn't only useful as an accompaniment to Japanese dishes--I often listen to various podcasts or lessons from The Teaching Company while eating.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #100
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I wanted to follow up that audiobooks are great with a burger, or pizza, too!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #101
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataphonic View Post
What happened to just enjoy your food and take some time off. We're bombarbarded with information all the time, and don't really have time to digest them.
I'm not saying I'm any better, I can watch tv, have my ipad on one side checking news.
In them good olden days, we Thought about the news we got, today they go down with the spaghetti bolognese.
I guess it depends whether you're an "eat to live" or "live to eat" person. I'm an "eat to live" person and I find eating boring - if I don't have something to read, someone to talk to, TV to watch, something else to do while I eat, I probably wouldn't eat much.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #102
mfowler413
mfowler413 doesn't littermfowler413 doesn't litter

Device: BeBook Neo, Kindle 3, Kobo Original
I eat in restaurants a lot because I travel for work. I bring this with my e-reader to keep it in the right spot for reading. http://www.accessorygeeks.com/3feet-...ngine-red.html
mfowler413 is offline   Reply With Quote