Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
highwaykind
Connoisseur
highwaykind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
List index out of range, 0.6.46 downloading metadata, no author.

Adjust metadata indivudually (Hit E when you have a book selected) - if there is no author specified I get the following error (even if I entered a title and/or an ISBN number).
If I type a random letter in the author box it will try to fetch results without the error. Had this happen on more than one book, don't think this happened with any of the previous Calibre versions. Is this a bug?

Quote:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.py", line 556, in fetch_metadata
IndexError: list index out of range
I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate.
highwaykind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5225
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Thanks , it wasn't just me then (I never know if I should file a bug report or not for things like this, for all I know I messed something up myself?)
Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When in doubt first search to see if someone has posted a similar issue. If not, either open a ticket or if you're not sure it is a bug, a forum post.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
highwaykind
Connoisseur

OK. That's what I did, thanks again
Advert

Tags
bug, error code