Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Only on a square screen will this work in both mode succeed and none of the devices have a square screen. You will end up with empty space in one mode or another. Though for a particular device there might be a way to detect what mode it is in and program it for different images...what a lot of work and only work on that device, should one exist.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
does Kobo honor:

max-width: <value here>

CSS property to limit the stretch?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Liliann: Are you trying to do this in an epub or a kepub? The screen shot suggests it is a kepub, but that you have added some options to the config file on the device. If the it is a kepub, how are you producing it? And did you check what happened with the epub?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Also note that "height: 100%" is in essence pretty much undefined. It might work for some devices, but that's a grey area of the spec, and it's bound to fail somewhere (it fails if you try to render in Prince, for example).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
Liliann
Liliann began at the beginning.

Device: none
davidfor it's an epub.

Since I'm used to media queries it's hard to accept that I can't have it both ways.
And it seems that I can't use a generic solution either, for all of the images.
The img { height: auto; width: 100%; } it worked for an image and it looks it adapts to the screen changes, but for the other images it doesn't. That is a mystery for me. I've also tried img { width: auto; max-height: 100%;} and img {max-width: 100%; height: auto;} and even if it changed the image's size in landscape mode, it was still broken.
It's like Kobo didn't recognise that is an image that should stay in one piece.
I'm getting tired of trying and I still didn't mention another problem that I have only in Kobo but not in iPad, and I'm not sure if I should start another topic...
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
davidfor it's an epub.

Since I'm used to media queries it's hard to accept that I can't have it both ways.
And it seems that I can't use a generic solution either, for all of the images.
The img { height: auto; width: 100%; } it worked for an image and it looks it adapts to the screen changes, but for the other images it doesn't. That is a mystery for me. I've also tried img { width: auto; max-height: 100%;} and img {max-width: 100%; height: auto;} and even if it changed the image's size in landscape mode, it was still broken.
It's like Kobo didn't recognise that is an image that should stay in one piece.
I'm getting tired of trying and I still didn't mention another problem that I have only in Kobo but not in iPad, and I'm not sure if I should start another topic...
Please, could you post here the image of your issue? I would like to make some experiment with it.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
Liliann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Please, could you post here the image of your issue? I would like to make some experiment with it.
Do you mean to attach one of the original images?
Old 12-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #23
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you mean to attach one of the original images?
Yes, I do.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #24
Liliann

I've fixed all the images to fit in portrait mode, but they are still broken in landscape if they are too big to fit in one page or they are at the bottom...

I've attached an image that has these properties:
width: 553px;
max-width: 100%;
height: auto;

It's good in portrait mode but it's broken in landscape.

Last edited by Liliann; 01-26-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #25
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
I've fixed all the images to fit in portrait mode, but they are still broken in landscape if they are too big to fit in one page or they are at the bottom...

I've attached an image that has these properties:
width: 553px;
max-width: 100%;
height: auto;

It's good in portrait mode but it's broken in landscape.
OK; I will try to fix that in order that you can see it good in both modes, portrait and landscape.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
RbnJrg
Wizard

Hi Liliann;

Well, I don't have Kobo so I can't say if this aproximation works but in ADE looks fine. Tell me how does it work in Kobo the ePub I attached below.

Regards
Rubén
Attached Files
File Type: epub Flame.epub (334.1 KB, 170 views)
Old 12-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
Liliann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Hi Liliann;

Well, I don't have Kobo so I can't say if this aproximation works but in ADE looks fine. Tell me how does it work in Kobo the ePub I attached below.

Regards
Rubén
Thanks Rubén but not in Kobo
neither in landscape mode...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flame-epub.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	116660  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Well, let's continue trying

Do the following:

Open the ePub that I uploaded in my previous post with Sigil and, in the stylesheet.css file write:

Code:
.TableCell {
  display: table-cell;
}
Now, enable the Section0001.xhtml file and in the Code View, where you see:

Code:
<div>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 1153 1577" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
      <image class="TableCell" height="1577" width="1153" xlink:href="../Images/flame.jpeg"></image>
    </svg>
</div>
write:

Code:
<div class="TableCell">
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 1153 1577" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
      <image class="TableCell" height="1577" width="1153" xlink:href="../Images/flame.jpeg"></image>
    </svg>
</div>
Save all and watch how does it look in Kobo. If doesn't work, then try:

Code:
<div>
    </svg>
</div>
Maybe this time we are in luck
Old 12-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
What are you actually using to view this? I assumed a Kobo e-ink device, but, I just noticed that the photos showed colour on the screen. Are you using a Vox, an Arc or the Kobo app on an Android or iOS device?

And for the record, attached are screenshots taken on a Kobo Glo with the latest firmware. This is with RbnJrg epub. "flame_epub.png" is of the epub which uses the Adobe based reader. "flame_kepub.png" is loaded as a kepub which uses the ACCESS based reader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flame_epub.png
Views:	190
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	116671   Click image for larger version

Name:	flame_kepub.png
Views:	192
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	116672  
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
Liliann

I'm testing it on Kobo Arc.

Rubén, with your first solution there is only one page and the image is missing in a mysterious way...the second one does the same.

Is there any way to disable the landscape mode only on Kobo?