Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #571
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in set up.

I was able to put in the lookup name and Column heading but I can't figure out the other two settings.
That column seems to be correct.

What "other two settings" are you having problems with? Right-click the Count Pages button and choose "Customize Plugin". Select the column you just created. Then select a method of counting.

I like "Custom", and 2400 characters per page, since it seems to correlate closely with a great number of paperbacks I have (+/- 5% or so; so the e-book version of a a 400 page paperback will end up somewhere between 380 and 420 pages.)

Then click OK, and you you can have the plugin count pages. It would be best to add the column to your main view, or you'll not see anything
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #572
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in set up.

I was able to put in the lookup name and Column heading but I can't figure out the other two settings.
Go back To Add your own columns:
select Pages: click the blue i
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #573
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
When I get to column type it's grayed out and when I click on Custom Column all I get is an empty drop down box that I can't edit.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #574
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When I get to column type it's grayed out and when I click on Custom Column all I get is an empty drop down box that I can't edit.
Here is the screenshot of my 'pages' col. Note the formats box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customCol.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	111585  
Old 09-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #575
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine looks a bit different for some odd reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre columns.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	111587  
Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #576
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
You need to delete that column:
You accidentally made it Text Type and you can't change a column type once made, only add options that apply
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #577
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I must still be doing something wrong because I've tried 3 different books and they all come out as being 2400 pages. lol.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #578
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I must still be doing something wrong because I've tried 3 different books and they all come out as being 2400 pages. lol.
What PAGE count algorithm did you select?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #579
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
As indicated in the first post you have to select the proper type (highlighted in red below) of column when you first create the column. This means you need to follow theducks advice and create the column anew.

Quote:
Creating a Count Custom Column:Follow these instructions to configure a page count column as per screenshot 3 below. Perform similar steps for a word count column.

Add a custom column with Preferences->Add your own columns. I suggest the following values:

Lookup name: pages
Column heading: Pages
Column type: Integers
Formatting: {0:,}

For a readability statistic, an example is as follows:
Lookup name: gfog
Column heading: Gunning Fog
Column type: Floating point numbers
Formatting: {0:.1f}
Update: I should pay attention to the thread and realize it has moved on quickly while I meandered around real life.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #580
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What PAGE count algorithm did you select?
ebook viewer (calibre)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #581
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
ebook viewer (calibre)
Hmm!
I use ADE since that sorta matches my reader. I have noticed that older (2012) counts were higher, but less than 30%
Got any Baen titles that we can compare with?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #582
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Example:
Invasion shows 857 at the bottom of the calibre viewer
and 389 ADE count type pages
Old 09-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #583
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Most of my books are kindle books since I use a kindle e-reader.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #584
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Counting only works with EPUB. For other formats, you must either download the page count from Goodreads, or (temporarily) convert to EPUB. I think you could remove the EPUBs afterward if you wanted to.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #585
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Counting only works with EPUB. For other formats, you must either download the page count from Goodreads, or (temporarily) convert to EPUB. I think you could remove the EPUBs afterward if you wanted to.
Count pages value is static, so removal of extra formats leaves the numbers.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin