Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #46
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Those things wouldn't come with a $200 price tag. The Nexus 7 has a very clear objective: be the tablet for the masses, do the job properly and push Android forwards. You should be able to get foldable screens fairly soon, but don't expect to get away with a couple of benjamins.
(my bold above)

---> VolksTablet <----

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
---> VolksTablet <----.
For use on the

---> Datenautobahn <---

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #48
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
(my bold above)

---> VolksTablet <----

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
For use on the

---> Datenautobahn <---

I must salute 2 pioneers in linguistics.
Perhaps there will be a giant monolithic banana arching over the Datenautobahn that the VolksTablet
can "stream" over.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed, Google is pushing the cloud. So is Amazon and Apple. If you don't like Google's products you don't have to buy them.
Yes, and with the new Google Drive they are trying to steal my documents by converting them to Google filename extensions!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #50
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I would gladly spend both $300 and $400 on a tablet like that. If it took out the thrash I'd even be willing to spend an extra $50.

and if it were a cell phone too....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #51
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Like what? What do you expect a tablet to do? Make your coffee in the morning and mop the apartment?
Hell yes.

I want one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robot-Vacuum...tp_s2_edpp_url
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #52
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Personally im considering rooting my Nexus 7 as it's the most easy process for any tablet i have ever seen.There are a number of benefits including unlimited storage via USB memory sticks that almost every one has.I ordered my cable but it will be a few weeks before it arrives.
TOTAL COST of having the latest and greatest android Tablet for the price with unlimited storage - Priceless
Problem with that is, you're dealing with something hanging off, that can get in the way or easily knocked out. Better than nothing, but I'd still prefer an SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yes, and with the new Google Drive they are trying to steal my documents by converting them to Google filename extensions!
It can convert them to a google doc file, but you can easily convert out of it. Plus it is still optional, I've got some stuff on my google drive, that hasn't been converted.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #53
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Part of me likes the idea of a Nexus 7 and a little larger screen and trying out Jelly Bean, but it's hard to justify, given my Note does all of what I need right now and with more eye friendly resolution plus a card slot!

I did try out my first magazine from Google Play yesterday, and the app didn't let me change text size, at least in that magazine. No zoom either. If I did magazines often, a 7" or larger tablet might be justified, but I don't.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
How about the pomegranate?
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #55
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
We can definitely agree on this.
Very much agreed. I also think it will trigger waves of cheap tablets to come. Just like calculators in the 70s, I hope tablets will become so cheap that everyone can afford and no one will be talking about it in the future.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
Very much agreed. I also think it will trigger waves of cheap tablets to come. Just like calculators in the 70s, I hope tablets will become so cheap that everyone can afford and no one will be talking about it in the future.
More than cheap, I hope manufacturers quickly come to the realization that tablets need diversity. They need to start producing more than one model, just like laptop makers do. HP, for example, makes 46 different laptops with 7 different screen sizes. I want to see similar diversity with tablets.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #57
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

and if it were a cell phone too....
Ummm, well, if you happen to have a US Google Voice number (even if you live in area code 403 in Canada), you can make and receive phone calls over WiFi on the N7 using an app called Talkaphone.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #58
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
More than cheap, I hope manufacturers quickly come to the realization that tablets need diversity. They need to start producing more than one model, just like laptop makers do. HP, for example, makes 46 different laptops with 7 different screen sizes. I want to see similar diversity with tablets.
I think that Archos tablets come in 9 sizes.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #59
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Part of me likes the idea of a Nexus 7 and a little larger screen and trying out Jelly Bean, but it's hard to justify, given my Note does all of what I need right now and with more eye friendly resolution plus a card slot!

I did try out my first magazine from Google Play yesterday, and the app didn't let me change text size, at least in that magazine. No zoom either. If I did magazines often, a 7" or larger tablet might be justified, but I don't.
Out of curiousity, what file format are the Magazines in? I wondering if they are epub or PDF based.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #60
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Our best friend called capitalism will ensure you have more choices than you want.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote