Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Free ebook: Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold (worldwide, all formats)

To promote Lois McMaster's Bujold's latest Vorkosigan book, Cryoburn, Baen have added The Warrior's Apprentice to their free library.

Every format you can think of, available worldwide. Free. I love Baen.

The Warrior's Apprentice is an excellent jumping on point for the Vorkosigan Series, and a fantastic book in its own right. Enjoy!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
There is something wrong with their webpage. When I clicked on the download, it wanted me log in. Fine. I did that, but when I tried to download it, the log in window appeared...
And, when I clicked on her name, I couldn't find it.

I did download Mountain of Mourning.

And when I went to Baen, I got Bad hostname. Oi.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 08-06-2010 at 01:37 PM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I'll download this when I get home, and pick up the Omnibus of the two setup volumes for $5. Nice cheap introduction to her and the series.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm also getting errors. Sounds like they're having server or bandwidth issues.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
hmmm. I just ordered the eARC of Cryoburn, and the sale went through okay, but I haven't tried to download it yet -- have to wait until I get home. I hope I don't have any problems because I didn't know it was even available until today and I'm ridiculously excited about starting it.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had the login problem but managed to solve the problem. Downloading the ZIP copy of the ePub worked fine. It's the non-ZIP copy that fails.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Same worked for me with the zipped Mobi version.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I already had The Warrior's Apprentice, but I downloaded a fresh copy, and it worked fine. They did have a notice on the web page saying that they were having problems with their credit card server.

I never buy the ARC, because I detest reading things in pieces. I always just wait until the whole thing is released, usually for $6.00. But, I had not heard a new Miles Vorkosigan book was coming out before this, so thanks for the heads-up. Now, I just have to wait 3 months or so.

mikaelalind, you might want to go to webscription.net, if you were going to baen.com instead.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The zipped version also worked for me. Thanks.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks, I too had troubles on getting this one, but the zipped version worked.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Downloaded zipped formats.
Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
Baen sucks me in again. I go for 1 free book and end up buying 4 from various authors. They are evil.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I never buy the ARC, because I detest reading things in pieces. I always just wait until the whole thing is released, usually for $6.00. But, I had not heard a new Miles Vorkosigan book was coming out before this, so thanks for the heads-up. Now, I just have to wait 3 months or so.
The ARC is the galley proof before the author or whoever made corrections or changes. It is the entire novel. Depending on the author, the ARC could be the final version of the book, the ARC could only have a few minor changes, or the ARC could have some major changes.

What you're thinking of is the webscriptions bundles.

The ARC is $15 if you can't wait until mid-October for the full version to come out. The final version is NOT included with the ARC purchase.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaenSidhe View Post
The ARC is the galley proof before the author or whoever made corrections or changes. It is the entire novel. Depending on the author, the ARC could be the final version of the book, the ARC could only have a few minor changes, or the ARC could have some major changes.

What you're thinking of is the webscriptions bundles.

The ARC is $15 if you can't wait until mid-October for the full version to come out. The final version is NOT included with the ARC purchase.
I couldn't wait. $15.00. Who cares? This is a new MILES book!!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
TMPoole
TMPoole began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX/Mobipocket,Astak Pocket Pro, Kindle2, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I couldn't wait. $15.00. Who cares? This is a new MILES book!!
Same here. And then I finished it before I went to bed.

I should have waited for the weekend.
TMPoole is offline   Reply With Quote