Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Keef
Enthusiast
Keef began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
A different perspective on the glare issue.

I want to discuss the glare issue. First I want to ask anyone that has a I- phone to turn it off and look at the black screen. If your phone is like mine, you will see a reflection of your face on the screen. Turn on the telephone and have the keypad on the screen. When you look for it, you will see your reflection on the screen still. If you go to your address with the white background, you don’t notice it as much but you will see the reflection on the black top section of the screen. If you look closely, you will also see the reflection of the ceiling in your entire screen if you put it at a certain angle. No one really complains about the reflection on the I Phone. Partially because of the lcd screen, its very bright and it causes it to be not as noticeable. But if you focus on the reflection, you can see it all the time and it can be annoying. If you don’t focus on it, you don’t notice it. Since the Daily Reader is not as bright (and easier on your eyes), you are able to focus easier on the reflection. But if you focus on the works on the screen, usually the glare is not an issue……for me. Most of the time, if I just tilt it a little, the glare is reduced that it is not an issue.

Last edited by Keef; 04-29-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
It is a matter of personal taste. I use 505 for a long time and I really can't stand the glare in the new reader.
I try the 900 for a while and decided to return it after all. The glare is not that big of an issues only if you have a very strong uniform light in front of you (i.e. a very well lighted room). I travel a lot and the book is almost non usable in an airplane.
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The trick is getting the proper angle of your hat headlamp
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
True. But not ever time I can get to business class+..... :-)
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I own the 700, which is apparently one of the worst glare-wise. I have 0 problems with it on planes, despite the glare and lighting. Yes, I do have to angle it right, but I've yet to find a situation where I can't angle it so the reflections disappear.
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert