Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
erik5000
erik5000 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs600
NCX playOrder nuisance

playOrder in the NCX file is a real nuisance. And unnecessary too: the playOrder follows directly from the order of the navPoints in the NCX file.
There may be no gaps in the playOrder: 10,20,30 etc is not allowed. It MUST be 1,2,3,4,5 etc

But anyway: I built myself a short AWK script to renumber the playOrder attributes. You can use it from the command line or from an ANT build script.
The result will be in the file "tempFile".

Here is the AWK wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWK
# this AWK script corrects any mistakes in the playOrder of EPUB NCX files.
# use it in an ANT build script.
# the entire phrase playOrder="234" must be on ONE line !!

BEGIN {counter = 1 }
{

if (match($0, /playOrder="[0-9]*"/ ) )
{
repl = "playOrder=\"" counter "\""
sub(/playOrder="[0-9]*"/, repl )
counter++;
}
print $0 > "tempFile"
}

Last edited by erik5000; 12-24-2009 at 09:42 AM.
erik5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I use a vim command ('cause I edit the files with vim):

Code:
:let n=1 | g/playOrder=/s/playOrder=".\{-}"/\='playOrder="' . n . '"'/ | let n=n+1
note: they are discussing the playOrder attribute at IDPF, it might be optional in the next ePUB spec revisions.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
you can just let them all be 0, i think. i've done that, and the TOC works on my prs-600.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by quillaja View Post
you can just let them all be 0, i think. i've done that, and the TOC works on my prs-600.
There's a difference between what works on one device, and what is standards-compliant. Because other devices may behave differently is why we have standards in the first place.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote