Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Mashen'ka
Mashen'ka began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak
Aztak EZ Reader Question

Greetings all - new member here.

I've acquired an Astak EZ Reader (Hanlin V3), and am interested in about if some body would give me some advice .

Actually I'm very happy with my new device, but few "buts" is usually.

1. Pages are turning very slow. It takes 10-15 sec before new page comes up.
2. When I finished read the book it's no way do delete. I need to open PC, connect the E-book and manually delete the book.

3. Also is very slow process when open up the book. Looks like it takes two mins before book is open

Thanks in advance,

M
Mashen'ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi M and welcome to the Forum. I'm not familiar with the Hanlin but thyere are plenty of members who are and I expect they'll chime in here shortly
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Mashen'ka, welcome and tell us where you are from.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashen'ka View Post
Greetings all - new member here.

I've acquired an Astak EZ Reader (Hanlin V3), and am interested in about if some body would give me some advice .

Actually I'm very happy with my new device, but few "buts" is usually.

1. Pages are turning very slow. It takes 10-15 sec before new page comes up.
2. When I finished read the book it's no way do delete. I need to open PC, connect the E-book and manually delete the book.

3. Also is very slow process when open up the book. Looks like it takes two mins before book is open

Thanks in advance,

M
Hello and welcome, Mashen'ka

I'm afraid that there's no way to delete the ebooks without a computer. In fact, the Sony PRS-505 had this same defect until they released the last firmware.

Your reader is way too slow. Mine opens a new book in 7-9 seconds and turns page in 1 second, aprox. I'm talking about a "normal" fb2 book (1, 2... 3 MBytes at most).

Regards,

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroide View Post
Hello and welcome, Mashen'ka

I'm afraid that there's no way to delete the ebooks without a computer. In fact, the Sony PRS-505 had this same defect until they released the last firmware.

Your reader is way too slow. Mine opens a new book in 7-9 seconds and turns page in 1 second, aprox. I'm talking about a "normal" fb2 book (1, 2... 3 MBytes at most).

Regards,

L.
I have to agree with leandroide. Your reader is much slower than mine. Having said that, I just recently flashed the OpenInkPot firmware for mine. It has some nicer capabilities and with the latest update, you can delete books from the reader. You can download it here. You may want to gain more familiarity with your reader before you try this.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Mashen'ka
Mashen'ka began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak
OpenInkPot for dummies

Hello,
Thanks for your advice.

Here is the place where I don't know what to do at all.
Went to the OpenInkPot and did not understand at all.
Instruction doesn't mean anytning to me yet.
To much files there.
Would some body give exactly instraction which file i should use
It's so many out there and I'm lost.

Which one for my Aztac/Astac could fit.
Do I need use SD card ? or i could use PC and transfer from PC to e-book
Do I need download all files?
So those questions coming in to my head and i can't answer it.
Thanks in advance

MZ
Mashen'ka is offline   Reply With Quote