Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Beta testers wanted!

We are looking for beta testers who are willing to test the new beta versions, and review a long list of possible Sallow and of course to describe any other bugs found in detail.

The best 50-10 beta testers get the units of the new model for testing.

The best three of you to get a Christmas gift unit. Others have the option to purchase the equipment with a huge discount.

----
A little late, but now finally start the "big" beta test.

Everyone can participate, but only someone who can completely fill bug list to get new models to the series "testing" ... And keep the winner as a gift.

PB360
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...360_wg_15_3.7Z

PB301+
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...301_wg_15_3.7Z

PB301+ (alternative for the new device named 600EMA)
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...360_wg_15_3.7Z
Attached Files
File Type: doc Release notes 15_3beta_ENG.doc (36.0 KB, 390 views)
File Type: zip test_plan_test_cases_en_(2).zip (62.9 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by Forkosigan; 11-10-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi, I am in (for the 301 if I have a choice), and I am very thorough
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
In test_plan_test_cases_en_(2).xls, in the sheet "test cases for 360", is the text for the instruction and expected result corresponding to Button "OK" supposed to be in Russian?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
im pretty awesome and finding problems is my job!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
In test_plan_test_cases_en_(2).xls, in the sheet "test cases for 360", is the text for the instruction and expected result corresponding to Button "OK" supposed to be in Russian?
same problem on line 114 - and for the 302 again instructions in cirillic on lines 201 and 202
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
OK, this looks like fun. Are we supposed to join a list? do we have a deadline?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Are you looking for testing beyond Beta? I have experience in Test Engineering. I am retired now.

My language skills are only English with basic Spanish.

asjogren1@yahoo.com
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've got a 301+ and I'd love to be a beta tester for you. But what do you mean by "Sallow"?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
There is no link for 302??

In the test plan, there is no indication whether the existing bugs reported already here for firmware 15.2 is addressed or not.
For eg., I reported the following 4 bugs which mtravellerh confirmed was sent to the GiK and would be solved in next release. I am not sure whether these bugs are solved in this beta or missed out? Test plan doesn't indicate any such bug was addressed now and to be checked during the beta test.

1. In pdfviewer, scroll up and down by touchscreen for zoom settings 100% or below. Presently this works only for zoom 101% or above.

2. With higher zoom settings, the default position is somewhere in the middle of the page. If I move to left extreme / right extreme by touchscreen and then if I press the key for move forward / backward, it loses the screen horizontal position. It moves forward/backward and goes to centre of the page.

3. I have mapped the lower right key to move forward and lower left key to move backward. When I view a pdf (by pdfviewer or adobeviewer) in portrait mode and zoom to fit width, almost 3/4th of the document is shown in a view, pressing lower right key is not moving forward to show the balance 1/4 of the page instead it goes to next page. Same is with lower left key, it goes to previous page starting and not moving backward.
I do not face this problem in landscape orientation with any zoom setting. Also in portrait mode and with zoom 200% or more, we do not have this problem.

4. Another problem with both (pdfviewer, adobeviewer) is - in the zoom option, column mode option is not existing. Even PB user manual says, there is a option to zoom for column mode and defining no. of columns.

Can someone from PB clarify on this?
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'll try out the new firmware, but I'm not going to test it. It seems quite clear that in order to do the test, skills in Russian are needed which I do not possess.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
The release notes are in English. And the Test Case spreadsheet has tabs in English. The first tab displayed is in a Cyrillic based language.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
h2g2
h2g2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Thumbs down

Hi,

I tested quite a lot of functions on my PB360. Attached is the filled-in test sheet. Yellow cells indicate functions that are either not tested, partially tested or tested with issues found.
As for the Russian text in the test cases, I used google translate, it is sufficient to make it understandable.

A a whole, this firmware seems very good. A very annoying issue for me is that when you change settings in the appearance menu (e.g. screen orientation), changes are not immediately taken into account. You have to go back to the main menu first.

An issue with notes : after I renamed a note, the old name still appeared in the notebook and could no be deleted.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_plan_test_cases_en_(2)_filled.xls.zip (18.0 KB, 259 views)
h2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Well, I guess I'll have to try it then. The last test plan was given in a mixture of Engrish and Russian which frustrated the heck out of me.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
h2g2
h2g2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Thumbs down

Okay, it took me some time but here is the test case sheet fully completed for my PB360.
God, I hate ADE !
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_plan_test_cases_en_(2)_completed.xls.zip (18.6 KB, 274 views)
h2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Here are my results.
I will continue testing and will post better test-sheet if I find more problems.
I am posting this now because I have tested all usecases, except for DRM and we were not told when the deadline is. I wouldn't want to miss that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_plan_test_cases_en_Kacir_from_Mobileread.xls.zip (22.5 KB, 313 views)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote