Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
All who made the 10,000 mark possible deserve 5 stars... at the minimum. I applaud your efforts and am most grateful for your expertice. many thanks, folks.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I can't speak for any of my fellow uploaders but, for my part, I'm touched by the kind and encouraging messages.
Uploading books is a win-win situation. I get to clear out paper books that I've transcribed. I also spend a fair amount of time doing the conversions, so get a chance to read new books and to re-acquaint myself with old favourites. I've saved a small fortune on the Amazon habit that I had before I bought a reader. And I've benefited from the beautiful transcriptions made by other uploaders.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #18
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard

You book-uploaders are great. I'm particularly grateful for the copies of _On the Origin of Species_ and _The Art of War_ and all of the Barsoom books! But all of the books are potential reads, like theoretical dragon-loot, and like a dragon, my heart is warmed by the thought of the glittering hoard. Thank you very much!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Ginormous KUDOS to you ladies and gents!! Well done. Very well done!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yeah, you uploaders are okay, I suppose. I'd probably buy you a latte if we ever met...What? No way! Buy your own vanilla slice!

Cheers,
Marc (happydancing on the inside)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thank you all for the kind words. I echo Patricia's comments that it is a win-win. I have shelves that I have not seen in almost twenty years and at the same time I have had the chance to read books that I had only known by title before. From Harry's wonderful Sherlock Holmes Omnibus to Patricia's almost limitless supply of Voltaire, I feel like I have just emerged (for a brief time) from a two year long endless feast.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I want to say thank you as well. I just got my Sony Reader today and have been downloading some books as well as trying out some others. And the books here are much prettier and nicer to read! This site will keep me busy for quite some time. Thanks to everyone! Thank you!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #23
mdbenoit
Enthusiast
mdbenoit began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We're practically falling all over ourselves to announce that this week we passed the magic 10,000 uploads mark in our e-book section. Yeah that's right, 10,000 e-book uploads in less than two years. This community is just that crazy!

My utmost respect for all the volunteers who have participated in this massive effort. Thanks to your meticulous efforts we have now some of the most outstanding literary works of human history ready for everyone's consumption on his or her favorite e-book device.

Please join me in a round of applause.

Many congrats and thanks!
mdbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
thankyouthankyouthankyou
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I must admit to only downloading a small number of books that everyone of the uploaders has generously provided in the MR library. But I've the rest of my life to catch up with them .....

From a small user - many thanks - and you know who you all are .... and bags of dark chocolate (organic of course) to each and everyone of you ....

Well done on a magnificent achievement .....

(now I'd better do my bit and get on with proofreading so more will become available .....ttccchh...)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #26
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Geez, and not one of them requires a Kindle PID. I hope, Alex, you are ready for another DMCA notice from Amazon.

But congratulations -- and thanks -- to all who have made this feat achievable in the face of DMCA adversity.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Wow - 10000 uploads. This is amazing and unbelievable.
I'm very proud to be a member of MR and want to thank all the other uploaders for the amazing job they are doing day by day by day by day...

netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Wow, thanks.

Errm.. There's this great wonderful book I made today and rereading it right now.

Donovan Pacha by Gilbert Parker. Does your bell ring? No? Get it and read it!

Ah, such a joy to be allowed some free promotion!

PS: Making books is a joy! Making books for MR is a great joy!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I want to make a book and have scanned the forum but cannot find any info on the best way to do this on a Mac. Any suggestions?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #30
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I want to make a book and have scanned the forum but cannot find any info on the best way to do this on a Mac. Any suggestions?
The wiki has a HOWTO section. Check https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/HowTo:_Create_an_eBook

If you like you can generate a mac specific version, but generally the steps are the same. many eBooks generated here have been done on macs, on linux, on windows, etc.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote