Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
ardeur
ardeur began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, 4th Gen Kindle Basic
Series within a series of books

I have a very large school reading list (300+ ebooks) that span grades K through 12 reading levels (this is part of our homeschool curriculum). All of these ebooks are in my calibre library. I would like to number them from 1 through 300-something so we have a quick way in calibre to pull up the next book on the reading list for each child.

I would normally create a series and order them that way. BUT... many of these books are already in a series of their own which I've already entered into calibre. Is there another way to order these books without disrupting the smaller series? Can a secondary "series" column be made somehow?
ardeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeur View Post
I have a very large school reading list (300+ ebooks) that span grades K through 12 reading levels (this is part of our homeschool reading list). All of these ebooks are in my calibre library. I would like to number them from 1 through 300-something so we have a quick way in calibre to pull up the next book on the reading list for each child.

I would normally create a series and order them that way. BUT... many of these books are already in a series of their own which I've already entered into calibre. Is there another way to order these books without disrupting the smaller series? Can a secondary "series" column be made somehow?
Custom Column: Text Column with series like information

Or simply a Numeric column if the Library needs one group.

Also, review the 'Reading List Plugin', in the Plugins section here, to see if that meets a need
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert