Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Difficulty downloading RSS feeds

Since the last version (and including the latest), I couldn't download RSS feeds anymore. It frequently get stuck at 1% (at times at other %) and won't proceed any further. Sometimes, with several retries, I could get 1 or 2 feeds. It wasn't this difficult. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new versions?

Btw is there a way I could configure the proxy? I might have better luck with an alternate proxy configuration (though I have no problem surfing with the existing configuration).

Last edited by greenapple; 02-14-2011 at 06:36 AM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing has changed in the past couple of versions that could affect the speed of news downloads. As for proxy settings, calibre uses whatever proxy is set in your operating system. On windows check the proxy settings in internet explorer
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Many thanks. I changed the IE settings and managed to download some feeds w/o any problem.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote