Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Move Books between Libraries

Can you select books and move or copy them to another library?

Is there a way to use the Save to Disk feature to copy or move files to a different library?

I have a laptop with a small hard disk. I'd like to store my full library on an external hard drive and keep only some books on my laptop. I'd like the copies on my laptop to be a Calibre library.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by barium View Post
Can you select books and move or copy them to another library?
Select books, then right-click, then "Copy to Library."
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Select books, then right-click, then "Copy to Library."
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Glad to hear it's possible.

I don't see "Copy to Library" in the right click menu, though (version 0.7.18 on Windows XP). I haven't created another library yet - does that option only appear when you've associated two libraries with the program?

Last edited by barium; 09-13-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by barium View Post
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Glad to hear it's possible.

I don't see "Copy to Library" in the right click menu, though (version 0.7.18 on Windows XP). I haven't created another library yet - does that option only appear when you've associated two libraries with the program?
You do have to have a second library created to be able to send books to another library. Click the library icon next to view in the top row to create a new library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
barium
Connoisseur

Thank you both. I should have tried to create a new library before asking. This program is awesome.
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
kueriou
kueriou began at the beginning.

Device: nook wi-fi
I guess my idyllic idea of the library system would include:

* the ability to sort by library in the left column ("Authors", "Series", etc.)
* the ability to "move to" a library, instead of (a) copy, then (b) delete

Hey, I know it's free, and I tell everyone I know to use it. A user can wish...
kueriou is offline   Reply With Quote