Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
FlooseMan Dave
FlooseMan Dave began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5 32GB/Android - Aldiko
HTML Loads To Sigil w/ Errors

This is a frustrating error: I am preparing an HTML document for conversion to ePub. It is being opened by my browser successfully, but when I attempt to open it in Sigil, I get a message that tells me there is an error, gives me a line and column number, but doesn't show me what the error was. I'm getting a rendering of the page with nothing in it. I'm looking at the source and I don't see the error. The error is this:

error on line 8 at column29: Premature end of document.

Line 8 in my source has nothing but </HEAD> in it; column29 does not exist because a new line starts right after the close of the tag.

I am relatively new to HTML and so I'm trying to compare my source with what I know is already working. Can't seem to get rid of this error. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what else I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
FlooseMan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooseMan Dave View Post
This is a frustrating error: I am preparing an HTML document for conversion to ePub. It is being opened by my browser successfully, but when I attempt to open it in Sigil, I get a message that tells me there is an error, gives me a line and column number, but doesn't show me what the error was. I'm getting a rendering of the page with nothing in it. I'm looking at the source and I don't see the error. The error is this:

error on line 8 at column29: Premature end of document.

Line 8 in my source has nothing but </HEAD> in it; column29 does not exist because a new line starts right after the close of the tag.

I am relatively new to HTML and so I'm trying to compare my source with what I know is already working. Can't seem to get rid of this error. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what else I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Look for something wrong/missing, BEFORE the </head>, That is just what triggered the point of No more... doom message

BTW col 29 is the Newline char
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert