Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
IRiver Japan new reader

Looks like just Japan for now?

Didn't Sony Japan have a similarly named device?

iRiver Japan
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Hmm. I was very happy with my iRiver mp3 player-recorder, for what that's worth. If an iRiver e-book reader was available in the states, I'd give it a serious look.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
Hmm. I was very happy with my iRiver mp3 player-recorder, for what that's worth. If an iRiver e-book reader was available in the states, I'd give it a serious look.
Hardware-wise, it's not their design. It's a rebranded Netronix device.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
Would also have to doublecheck - there was a comment on one of the gadget blogs that the IRiver Japan and iriver are two different companies, the iriver that we're used to is based in Korea ...
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
No official word from iriver.
A year ago I would have jump all over this, given the dearth of options in Japan, but with all the exciting new readers coming, and sellers happy to ship to Japan, the old netronix reader looks soooooo 2008 now.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 AM   #6
adamgray
adamgray began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am also satisfied with my iRiver mp3 player recorder.

Uncensored News from Israel : Israeli News with a twist provides information on lots more on whats happening around the globe; more on this and other top news updates.
adamgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
PDF support? I wonder what kind of support this is...
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
Looks like just Japan for now?

Didn't Sony Japan have a similarly named device?

iRiver Japan

If memory serves, yes Sony's was called Libre ....

iRiver products are usually good.

Looks to me like a Cybook in white .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote