Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
jimbot
jimbot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
G'Day from Newcastle Australia

Hello All,
A newby here from Down Under. Ordered my Sony PRS-505 today. I am a bit nervous about my ability to find content available outside the US...
Regards

Jim
jimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbot View Post
Hello All,
A newby here from Down Under. Ordered my Sony PRS-505 today. I am a bit nervous about my ability to find content available outside the US...
Regards

Jim
G'day Jim,

Another Novacastrian here, though I haven't lived there for about 35 years (I was born there and lived there, or near there, for the first three years of my life only).

I can't help you much with the content. I believe there is someone around who will get you gift vouchers for the Sony Connect store if you send them the money, and I think that if you buy Microsoft Reader files (.lit files) you can strip the DRM and convert them to the Sony format. Anyway, if I'm wrong, at least I might have provoked someone to come along soon and say "You bloody idiot! That's not how you do it?".

Of course, there's always the "public domain" and "creative commons" type stuff that's around too, and you'll find a lot of that under the E-Books link right here at MobileRead. You can find the same stuff elsewhere, but you'll find that the stuff here has often been lovingly reformatted or corrected or just tidied up by the folks who uploaded it. I've got an Iliad with an internal memory chockers with the stuff.

Anyway, welcome. Go the Knights!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, jimbot. Good luck with the Sony!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
jimbot
jimbot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks Marc,
Looks like hours of fun in that e-books link.
Jim
jimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Howdy Howdy Jimbot welcome to the family. Hope you enjoy your reader and the Forums.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Jim and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote