Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #46
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
History Lover's Cookbook by Roxe Anne Peacock
Over 150 full-color photos inspired by nineteenth century recipes, anecdotes, and the Civil War

History Lover's Cookbook will transport readers through the Battle of First Bull Run/Manassas to April 9, 1865, where General Robert E. Lee stood under an apple tree to dispatch his surrender to General Grant. Do you know what he was eating when he surrendered?

Prepare a picnic of lemonade, raspberry shrub, mint julep, fried chicken, ham sandwiches, potato salad with boiled dressing, cold slaw, soda biscuits and quince marmalade to observe one of the many Civil War re-enactments throughout the United States.

Enjoy eating tea cakes while viewing more than 150 full-color photos of replica Civil War items, re-enactors portraying Abraham Lincoln, Generals Custer, Lee and Grant, foods and recipes inspired by the nineteenth century.

Share in the Union's Thanksgiving holiday by preparing recipes from the chapter, Siege at Petersburg.

Find out what General Grant ate every morning with his breakfast.

Roxe Anne Peacock brings the nineteenth century and Civil War era to life through the wonderful photography depicted throughout the book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZMT61M/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AZMT61M/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AZMT61M/
Old 10-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #47
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Bartolo's Cookbook by bartolo drago

Easy to follow recipes with notes and comments.

"Mushroom Gravy - can be made without mushrooms"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJZ2IXY/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OJZ2IXY/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OJZ2IXY/
Advert
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #48
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
One of the Kindle deals today is The Joy of Vegan Baking, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, for $2.99.

I have this in paperback, and it's a terrific cookbook. In fact, I just made delicious pumpkin bread last night from one of the recipes. What I like most about the book is that even though the recipes are vegan, the ingredients are mostly simple and basic items, not something you need to track down in a health food store. The book also includes a lot of substitutions and equivalents so that you can veganize your own recipes.

I use this book all the time, mostly for the quick bread, cupcake, and cookie recipes. I've never been disappointed with anything I've made, and it's hard for anyone to tell that it's all made without eggs and dairy. Love this book!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #49
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
FREE

Vegetarian 101: Master Vegetarian Cooking with 101 Great Recipes by Perrin Davis
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008QXD6ZE/

Quote:
Publication Date: April 10, 2012
The 101 series expands with an all-new, everything-you-need-to-know guide to making vegetarian meals. This cookbook features 101 delicious, diverse, and accessible recipes, all of which have been thoroughly kitchen tested. Vegetarian 101 also features a simple, contemporary-looking design that's as practical as it is elegant, with measures calculated using both traditional and metric quantities. Scattered throughout are beautiful full-color photographs that enhance the book's utility and visual appeal. These practical, hands-on kitchen resources also look great on the kitchen bookshelf--and because their durable flexi-binding is sewn, they are extremely easy to keep open and lay flat on your kitchen counter while you're cooking from their pages. Every home cook can appreciate how a lie-flat binding makes a cookbook much easier to use!.....
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #50
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
One of the Kindle deals today is The Joy of Vegan Baking, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, for $2.99.

I have this in paperback, and it's a terrific cookbook. In fact, I just made delicious pumpkin bread last night from one of the recipes. What I like most about the book is that even though the recipes are vegan, the ingredients are mostly simple and basic items, not something you need to track down in a health food store. The book also includes a lot of substitutions and equivalents so that you can veganize your own recipes.

I use this book all the time, mostly for the quick bread, cupcake, and cookie recipes. I've never been disappointed with anything I've made, and it's hard for anyone to tell that it's all made without eggs and dairy. Love this book!
Thanks for your opinion. I was wondering if I should get this, and if I can't trust a cat lover who can I trust?

Edit: you're not a _crazy_ Catlady, are you?

Last edited by Purple Lady; 10-20-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Advert
Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #51
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I was wondering if I should get this, and if I can't trust a cat lover who can I trust?

Edit: you're not a _crazy_ Catlady, are you?
Meow! I'm purrfectly sane. Just ask my cats.

It really is a nice cookbook.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #52
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

I'm not a vegan, but I eat animals that are!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #53
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Someday you may join the ranks of the enlightened.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #54
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #55
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Barnes & Noble is advertising a cookbook sale right now with 45 books listed. Prices are all over the place, but there are a good number that are $1.99 and $2.99. Most aren't B&N specific and are discounted at other sellers as well (I checked several titles at eBooks.com and Kobo).

I picked up the almost 500-page The Easy Pressure Cooker Cookbook for $1.99 at eBooks.com.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:47 AM   #56
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Barnes & Noble is advertising a cookbook sale right now with 45 books listed. Prices are all over the place, but there are a good number that are $1.99 and $2.99. Most aren't B&N specific and are discounted at other sellers as well (I checked several titles at eBooks.com and Kobo).

I picked up the almost 500-page The Easy Pressure Cooker Cookbook for $1.99 at eBooks.com.
Thanks, great find.

I grabbed a couple of the $1.99 and $2.99's that looked good, and had good ratings (at Amazon). Thankfully, I had already purchased two or three of the others that looked good, so I didn't have to buy them again. I didn't consider any of the higher-priced ebooks (which are much more numerous, but not necessarily of better quality) for, let's say, philosophical reasons (I'm too much of a tightwad . . . er . . . I'm too frugal, I mean).

Some information that may be helpful to peeps checking out the sale . . . . First, some of the ebooks are available at Amazon for the same prices, should you wish to have the Kindle/mobi format. Second, one of the books that I checked was available at Amazon, but not marked down there. Thirdly, in one case of the books that I spot-checked, the book was available at Amazon and a little bit cheaper there. The moral of the story: you might be interested in checking at Amazon for titles that you're interested in. Amazon is also a great source for reviews, of course, which might cause you to buy a title that you hadn't planned on buying. I hope that one or more Mobilereader finds the above information helpful!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-30-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #57
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If You Like to Cook Italian Food, You Need to Get this Freebie.

This is a cookbook, but it's much more than that.

Beyond The Pasta; Recipes, Language and Life with an Italian Family. By Mark Donovan Leslie. Rated 5 stars from 34 reviews. Print list price $19.95; digital list price $9.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Gemelli Press LLC, publisher. 352 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Recipes...Italian+Family.

Book Description
Several years ago, on a break between theatrical gigs in Alabama, Mark traveled to Italy and fell in love with the people, food and culture. Armed with just enough courage, minimal Italian language skills, and a certain proficiency in the kitchen, he enrolled in a full-immersion cooking and language program. He would travel to Viterbo, Italy and live with an Italian family. His teachers were beyond his wildest dreams-he learned to cook from the grandmother, or Nonna, of the family, who prepared every meal in a bustling, busy household, as women in her family have done for generations. Her daughter, Alessandra, taught him the language with patience and precision. Besides culinary secrets and prepositions, they opened their lives to him, and made him a real part of their extensive family. Though the book contains authentic, delicious family recipes Nonna shared with Mark, Beyond the Pasta delves into food memoir subject matter not found in a typical cookbook. It was the day-to-day shopping with Nonna, exploring the countryside and le gelaterie, where he truly developed his language skills, and a new, more joyful and uniquely Italian way of looking at the world.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #58
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

79% Off of a Highly-Rated Cookie Dough Cookbook. Yum.

This ebook is a little more expensive than those that I like to post in this forum. But it has a 5-star rating from 70 reviews (at the present moment)! And cookie dough is soooo good (growing up my sister and I would call chocolate chip cookie dough simply "good stuff" hahah) and is always a real crowd pleaser.

For those of you concerned about eating stuff made with raw eggs, you needn't worry. The author has created her own recipe for a great-tasting egg-less cookie dough, upon which she bases all of her recipes in this book.

If you miss out on this deal on this book, you'll be saying "doh!"

The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More. By Lindsay Landis. Rated 5 stars from 70 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $18.95; digital list price $18.95; Kindle price now $3.99. Quirk Books, publisher. 160 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Cookie-Dough-L...es%2C+and+More.

Book Description
Food blogger Lindsay Landis has invented the perfect cookie dough. It tastes great. It’s egg free (and thus safe to eat raw). You can whip it up in minutes. And, best of all, you can use it to make dozens of delicious cookie dough creations, from cakes, custards, and pies to candies, brownies, and even granola bars. Included are recipes for indulgent breakfasts (cookie dough doughnuts!), frozen treats (cookie dough popsicles!), outrageous snacks (cookie dough wontons! cookie dough fudge! cookie dough pizza!), and more.

The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook features clear instructions and dozens of decadent full-color photographs. If you’ve ever been caught with a finger in the mixing bowl, then this is the book for you!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:29 AM   #59
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Gooseberry Patch's Harvest Recipes--Now 99 Cents or Less

Even if you don't buy the book, you may want to check out a free recipe for Fresh Apple Cake, on the book's Amazon webpage. Also, there are thousands of free recipes at Gooseberry Patch's website.

Our Favorite Harvest Recipes Cookbook: From tailgating and hayrides, to apple picking and pumpkin carving…there are so many wonderful reasons for getting ... & friends! (Our Favorite Recipes Collection). Gooseberry Patch. Rated 5 stars, but from only 5 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $7.95; digital list price $4.99; Kindle price now $0.99. Gooseberry Patch, publisher. 128 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Harve...+Collection%29. The ebook is marked down at Kobo https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/eb...cipes-cookbook, also, where it is discountable.

Book Description
Over 60 recipes for our favorite harvest dishes, and handy tips too! Purse-friendly size make meal-planning on the go easy.

About the Author
Gooseberry Patch was founded in 1984 by Vickie Hutchins and Jo Ann Martin, two moms looking for a way to do what they loved and stay home with kids too. 25 years later, they're best known for their collection of family-friendly, community-style cookbooks. Each book is created with today's time-strapped, budget-conscious families in mind and filled with recipes shared by cooks all across the country. Along with treasured family recipes, each book includes the stories the go along with these tried & true dishes.

With more than 200 titles and nearly 9 million copies in print, plus an ever-growing collection of eBooks, Gooseberry Patch has grown from a kitchen-table operation to a nationally recognized best-selling publisher. Check out their books below and visit their website (gooseberrypatch.com) to get thousands of free recipes and lots more free goodies.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #60
gabby98
Wizard

FREE @ Amazon

Kid Friendly Recipes - Kindle edition by Gooseberry Patch
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OS396O6/

On Sticks Party Snack Recipes: On Sticks Party Snack Recipes by Martha Clean, Diann Bright
http://www.amazon.com/On-Sticks-Part...dp/B00P19H8WI/

Top 30 Delicious, Most-Recommended, Popular, Healthy And Easy to Prepare Appetizers, Desserts, Soups And Stews Recipes by saad salman
http://www.amazon.com/Delicious-Most...dp/B00P1JUIRK/

Top 40 Delicious, Nutritious And Popular Main Dish Meals From Asia, Greece, Thai And Mexico by Khawaja Ali
http://www.amazon.com/Delicious-Nutr...dp/B00OZF5F9M/

Fun Fare Recipes: Appetizers (Fun Fare Favorites) by Mimi Riser
http://www.amazon.com/Fun-Fare-Recip...dp/B00OPOBFXI/

Vegan Diet: Eat Green, Get Lean and Cut: Vegan Diet Recipes for Building Muscle [vegan diet,vegan diet recipes,vegan diet meal plan] (vegan diet for building ... muscle, vegan diet foods, vegetarian diet) by Steven Ballinger
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Diet-Bui...dp/B00OVRT1CG/

Paleo Frozen Desserts: Amazing & Delicious, Quick & Easy, Low Calorie & Healthy by Martha Stone, Andrei Jones, Primal Blueprint, Paleo, Loss, Paleo Ice Cream
http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Frozen-D...dp/B00OW675A6/

Last edited by gabby98; 11-04-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Closed Thread