Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Wicked Lovely (Kindle) - 99 cents now, free soon!

Wicked Lovely Free with Bonus Material, by Melissa Marr, is currently a 99 cent pre-order at Amazon and should be free soon (or at least by the April 6 release date), joining her other free titles (Stopping Time, Part 1 and Part 2). No sign of it yet in the other ebookstores, but I'll update as that changes.

Book Description
Read the New York Times bestseller that started Melissa Marr's enchanting tales of Faerie for free! Don't miss the sneak peak at the upcoming RADIANT SHADOWS!

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost - regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21st century faery tale.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
I've read this book. I HIGHLY recommend you get it!
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
I've read this book. I HIGHLY recommend you get it!
I've pre-ordered it, but I'll watch for it to drop to zero in the pre-order phase. If it does, I'll cancel, then re-order, to make sure I get it at the lower price.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I've pre-ordered it, but I'll watch for it to drop to zero in the pre-order phase. If it does, I'll cancel, then re-order, to make sure I get it at the lower price.
There is no need to do that. You will pay the lowest price automatically that exists between your purchase date and the ship date.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
There is no need to do that. You will pay the lowest price automatically that exists between your purchase date and the ship date.

BOb
You might, you might not. There is no pre-order guarantee shown on the page (which is explictly required, per Amazon's policy), the guarantee doesn't show on the invoice summary and kindle books are not considered 'books' per their own product categorization/rules and are not listed as one of the categories where the guarantee applies.

That said, some people have received the lowest price advertised (ever) when a book released (I had one where I got the lowest price the pre-order went to, from before my order and under a different ASIN). Others have received the lowest of either the ordered price or the price upon release (temporary drops were ignored) and still others the price of the pre-order, regardless of the later cost. For a few pulled titles, those who pre-ordered received the book (and the good price), but no one else was able to order at all (those titles should make their way to Kindle in the next few months).

99 cents isn't a bad deal for the book, in any case, but I'll re-order when it hits zero.
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You might, you might not. There is no pre-order guarantee shown on the page (which is explictly required, per Amazon's policy), the guarantee doesn't show on the invoice summary and kindle books are not considered 'books' per their own product categorization/rules and are not listed as one of the categories where the guarantee applies.
The following is quoted from their help page and it doesn't mention anything about it showing on the product page:

Quote:
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page.
Perhaps you can point me to where it mentions what you are talking about.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The following is quoted from their help page and it doesn't mention anything about it showing on the product page...
Nowhere there does it mention "kindle books" (check thru the amazon associates terms for a detailed breakdown of books vs kindle books vs kindle products vs digital products - each of these are different "product lines" at Amazon. If you check all the categories where the pre-order price guarantee does apply, you'll see the the required wording and a link to get more info on the guarantee.

Here's the details from the "here's how" link you reach from any pre-order that qualifies (highlights added by me):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/.../AWT354OR7BM1U

Quote:
Pre-order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Terms and Conditions:

* Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
* Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
* Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
* If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
I've never seen a price change on a kindle book pre-order (even one where the end price was lower. I have, however, paid the price at the time I made a pre-order, despite the book going down after my order and back up (even to a higher price than my pre-ordered price), which I only found out about after the fact, not in time to make any chances to my order.

I picked several Kindle books at random and none have the required message on the listings. I would love for the guarantee to apply, but it doesn't seem to do so (and the customer service people either tell you you pay the pre-order price always or the lowest of that price and the price at delivery time (not the 24 hour price of shipping day or any of the variations of price between order and delivery).
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Bargain (Kindle) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr ($0.99)

Wicked Lovely with Bonus Material by Melissa Marr is $0.99 on Amazon US. (The book without the bonus content is $7.99)

Quote:
Product Description

This ebook includes the full text of Wicked Lovely plus the following additional content: "Cotton Candy Skies"—an exclusive short story set after the end of Radiant Shadows; a Wicked Lovely series sampler, including free chapters from the other books in the bestselling series; and an exclusive preview of Melissa Marr's first novel for adult audiences, Graveminder—a captivating story about the living, the dead, and a curse that binds them.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Strangely enough, although now a pre-order, I bought this same ASIN on April 3, 2010, as a free purchase. As far as I can tell, it released on April 6 of last year (and has the bonus material in it).
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Maybe yet another book in the series is coming out and they're re-releasing the bonus edition of the 1st as a low-cost non-freebie to boost interest like the last time when it was originally free?

It's $3.19 in Canada, by the way.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote