Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Question Marking Books Read?

Since there are a lot of wonderful authors offering books for free, my TBR list is growing quick on my desktop. I haven't transfered everything into Calibre yet because I am trying to figure out if there is a why to mark which books I have actually transfered to my reader and have read since I can not move all couple hundred over to the reader

I apologize if this issue has been addressed elsewhere
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
As far as I can tell, the only way is to use the "rating" column.
The way I do it is leave the rating blank until I have read the book then I star it.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
ah, ok. Thank you
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
moriakaice
Memento Mori
moriakaice began at the beginning.

Device: eClicto, iPad WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi
You could tag them with 'Read' and then filter them out I guess.
moriakaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I was using UNREAD as a tag and removing it once read. I chose that over READ as a tag because at least it'll vanish from the tag list in the future.

I <think> Kovid mentioned that next time he reworked the database a field for this (and a few other requested fields) might make an appearance (check-box style). But I could be 100% wrong on that!

guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
Knipfty
Enthusiast
Knipfty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Kindle PC/Kindle BB
Simon,

I tag each book that I need to read as "Queued". You could use "TBR".
When I am reading a book, I tag the book as "XReading" and I delete "Queued".
When I finished reading the book, I tag it as "XRead 2010". This way I can know that it is read and the year that I read it.

You can bulk tag items as well, so the work is very difficult.
Knipfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I tag 0read0. But I had to go back and rate everything - when you are looking at a new book, it is hard (for me at least) to remember if I liked the last book by that author.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
I tag 0read to 5read, 0read being lousy and 5read being excellent. Beginning with a number puts the tag on the top of the selection list. I like to keep the stars as they are if I can get them through downloaded metadata otherwise I'll use them in rating as well.
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote