Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #91
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Would it slow my touch having 80 odd books on it?
I have about 50 books on mine, and I haven't noticed any change in speed. They're stored internally, not on SD.

For people whose KT seems slower after .14, would you mind sharing how many books you have on yours and if they're internally stored or on SD?
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #92
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
I have about 50 books on mine, and I haven't noticed any change in speed. They're stored internally, not on SD.

For people whose KT seems slower after .14, would you mind sharing how many books you have on yours and if they're internally stored or on SD?
I have over 1200 of over 3000 books currently stored on my sd card.. all works well no noticeable speed decrease. lengthy time to process the books the first time.
but once its done all is well.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #93
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
My KT doesn't even recognise that a SD card is in it. I have reformatted it too.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #94
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
For those that need to know it was lexar 8 gig memory card, and the card that works is the sandisk 4 gig memory card.
My Lexar 4 gig card is fine with the Touch--so it is not a matter of a particular brand not working.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #95
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I have over 1200 of over 3000 books currently stored on my sd card.. all works well no noticeable speed decrease. lengthy time to process the books the first time.
but once its done all is well.

regards

jack
2062 books currently stored across both my KT and 8gb SD card and the only slowdown I notice (outside of the long processing time when initially installing the books) is in the search function and bringing up the 'books' list. The more books you have registered in your sqlite file the longer the device takes to respond to the initial letter you type. Saying that, even with the large number of books I have on my KT it takes no more than 2 secs at the longest to have 'search' respond to the initial letter I typed for my search query.. Letters after the initial one are responded to quickly.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #96
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
My KT doesn't even recognise that a SD card is in it. I have reformatted it too.
That was the issue I had, I had a lexar 8 gig card. I found that nothing I did would work. So one of the kobo developers was looking for additional information. I provided him with the requested information. Finally to satisfy my curiosity I purchased a 4 gig card sandisk brand. I wonder now if the issue is not the brand but the capacity of the card? I could read the files when i connected my touch to the computer but it would not recognize that there were books on it.

regards

jack
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #97
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I don't think it can be the size as I have a Lexar 8GB card in mine and the KT recognizes it fine and is able to read the books I have on it.
With Firmware 1.9.12 I did have the issue with the KT going back to the home page when reading a book (when the MicroSD card was in the KT, when tapping to go to the next page it would go to the home page), but that isn't happening anymore now that I have 1.9.14 firmware installed, very happy that I can use my MicroSD card now.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #98
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
That was the issue I had, I had a lexar 8 gig card. I found that nothing I did would work. So one of the kobo developers was looking for additional information. I provided him with the requested information. Finally to satisfy my curiosity I purchased a 4 gig card sandisk brand. I wonder now if the issue is not the brand but the capacity of the card? I could read the files when i connected my touch to the computer but it would not recognize that there were books on it.

regards

jack
What worked for me was: Leave the SD card in.
1. Factory reset.
2. One reboot.
3. Upgrade firmware to latest.
4. reboot twice.
5. I don't know why but on the second reboot the card is detected and the books are processed and loaded to the Kobo.

I have done this on three different Touch readers and it always works. The covers also show up with this process.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #99
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
What worked for me was: Leave the SD card in.
1. Factory reset.
2. One reboot.
3. Upgrade firmware to latest.
4. reboot twice.
5. I don't know why but on the second reboot the card is detected and the books are processed and loaded to the Kobo.

I have done this on three different Touch readers and it always works. The covers also show up with this process.
Interesting approach, what size was your card and brand if you dont mind me asking?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #100
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I don't think it can be the size as I have a Lexar 8GB card in mine and the KT recognizes it fine and is able to read the books I have on it.
With Firmware 1.9.12 I did have the issue with the KT going back to the home page when reading a book (when the MicroSD card was in the KT, when tapping to go to the next page it would go to the home page), but that isn't happening anymore now that I have 1.9.14 firmware installed, very happy that I can use my MicroSD card now.

Interesting, wish mine did that lol. But it dont!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #101
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I looked forward to the release and was disapointed as my lexar card (8 gigs) was still not being recognized. I solved the problem by buying a dif card.
Do you have an exact model number (for the Lexar). I'm tempted to track down the same card and play around with it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #102
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Quote:
Interesting approach, what size was your card and brand if you dont mind me asking?

4GB Duracell Micro SD card
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #103
mconh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry Jack Astor. I re-checked my notes and it was:

1. Factory reset.
2. Two reboots.
3. I don't know why but on the second reboot the card is detected and the books are processed and loaded to the Kobo
4. Upgrade firmware to latest.
5. reboot.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #104
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
Sorry Jack Astor. I re-checked my notes and it was:

1. Factory reset.
2. Two reboots.
3. I don't know why but on the second reboot the card is detected and the books are processed and loaded to the Kobo
4. Upgrade firmware to latest.
5. reboot.

hmmm. regardless of the steps it is a strange phenomena.
But thanks for updating the correct information:P

regards

jack
Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #105
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Do you have an exact model number (for the Lexar). I'm tempted to track down the same card and play around with it.

I do here is the model number for the lexar card

LSDMI8GBASBNA

here is a link to futureshop where I purchased it from

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...6da945b293en02