Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Adobe Error (-475)

Hi folks
I bought some books from directebooks.com, 3 to be exact. For some unknown reason while using Sony's Reader Library I was only able to open 2 of the 3 which I dl'ed at the same time. The error message I got was "Adobe Error (-475)". Did a Google search and a search here on MR and got nothing.

OS Windows XP
the ext. for the files are all .acsm

Assistance of any kind would be greatly appreciated
In the mean time I'll try to contact directebooks.com and see if they could possible help.

glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Try to open with Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
And .acsm isn't the actual book... it's a file to let you get it with ADE... were you connected to net when you tried opening? If not then that's probably the cause of error...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
And .acsm isn't the actual book... it's a file to let you get it with ADE... were you connected to net when you tried opening? If not then that's probably the cause of error...
yes I was connected. What's strange is that its only the one file is that giving me problems. The other two can be read on Sony's Library Reader without a hitch.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Today I tried to import the book again and got the error message "Download failed. Content has already been licensed to another user. (-475) I'll try a couple of things and post if its worked for me so that if anyone else comes across this they may have a solution. Back to the salt mines for me.
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Just a couple of ideas.

Did you try to open it with ADE? Is your Sony Library and Adobe ID and password the exact same?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Try to open with Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
Yes this worked, unfortunately it only works for my laptop which is where I initially installed ADE. And after some reading here on MR and many Google searches later, I understand there is presently no way to remove DRM from Adobe Digital Editions. So I'm stuck reading that ONE book (first in a series of 3) on my laptop only. sigh... oh, to be able to read ALL my books on my Sony...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Just a couple of ideas.
Is your Sony Library and Adobe ID and password the exact same?
unfortunately that is not the case...had I known...ah, but hindsight eh?

Last edited by glowhappy; 05-24-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 05-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowhappy View Post
unfortunately that is not the case...had I known...ah but hindsight eh?
I know that you can get your ID and passwords made the same. I just don't know where I saw that information.

If someone doesn't jump in with the information. I will try to search for the solution when I get home this evening. Good luck.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I know that you can get your ID and passwords made the same. I just don't know where I saw that information.

If someone doesn't jump in with the information. I will try to search for the solution when I get home this evening. Good luck.
SUCCESS!!!!!

I did a little digging thanks to your advice via ADE's help forum.
linky: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1231486

I just re-registered ADE on my CP to the same user ID from my laptop and voila!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
And can you now read all 3 ebooks on your Sony?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
And can you now read all 3 ebooks on your Sony?
yes, now I'm able to read all 3 ebooks although 1 is delivered through ADE's library and the other 2 from the Sony Reader Library. Its an ugly method but it works I initially wanted to load it all on Calibre and manage it there but due to the DRM I was not able to convert it. But the final product is that I have all 3 books on the PRS-600, which is what I wanted. Thanks for your input
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
glowhappy
lost my wits...

Apparently there is a epub DRM stripper...
according to this MR thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=31408&page=2

link to tutorial:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gal...zon-remedy.txt

and of course one of my fave reverse engineering blog:
http://i-u2665-cabbages.blogspot.com...1_archive.html