Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #46
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILen(e View Post
Anyone checked if it displays version 2.3.3 after the update?
As it is only a minor update, maybe it omits the last ".3" and displays only 2.3 even if it is running 2.3.3.
My K2 International did show
before the update: 2.3 (399380047)
after the update : 2.3.3 (431100003)

I updated my K2 manually to 2.3.3, because here in Germany
the update doesnt came automatically (by now).

Did this using Windows 7 without problems
(Win7 Prof. not Home Premium but should doesnt matter)

Did take some Minutes to update/restart, so you should prefer
to do this with a full loaded battery :-))
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #47
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alandr View Post
Since updating my Kindle to 2.3.3 I have noticed a bug. Whenever I switch it on from sleep mode, if I press the previous page button (to refresh my memory on what I recently read), it actually goes back about 10 pages. It is very annoying. Anybody else got this problem?
Nope. I wonder if you are getting the "screensaver" in the sleep mode. What I understand is that This kind of behavior generally happens when the kindle is "switched off" (pushing and holding the power button for more than 4 secs), rather than when put to "sleep"
Or maybe, your kindle is just quirky ;-)
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #48
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvsinha View Post
Nope. I wonder if you are getting the "screensaver" in the sleep mode. What I understand is that This kind of behavior generally happens when the kindle is "switched off" (pushing and holding the power button for more than 4 secs), rather than when put to "sleep"
Or maybe, your kindle is just quirky ;-)
Yes I get the screensaver, and this is definately after switching on from screensaver.
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #49
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alandr View Post
Yes I get the screensaver, and this is definately after switching on from screensaver.
I'll second the Nope.. Works just fine with latest firmware..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #50
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I've heard about this problem with Topaz books - maybe just a coincidence with the update?
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #51
Americanchild
Enthusiast
Americanchild doesn't litterAmericanchild doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
successful update

I installed the screensaver uninstall file, updated my kindle, then installed the download, updated, and reinstalled the screen saver file all with no problems. I did not remove the file that has all my pretty black and white pics in it. Everything appears to be working fine infact I really don't see any difference.

However, when I went to install the screen saver uninstall file I noticed a file folder labelled src and a bin file labelled ._src. What is this file and should I be doing anything with it?

Thanks.
Americanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #52
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I think that's a leftover from the screensaver INstall file .... and also that you can just ignore it. There was another thread from the author of that screensaver patch .... I think that's where I got that idea.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #53
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I'll second the Nope.. Works just fine with latest firmware..
After further experimentation, it appears the problem is just with the current book. Bit of a coincidence I started reading it about the same time as the update. Naturally I suspected the update!
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #54
ibm650
ibm650 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
For me, the update allows me to connect to my aspire one, and the front of my Dell Vostro(running 7, XP always worked). Previously, explorer hung. Also, it installs a driver and shows as Kindle.

Kindle2 2.3.3 US version.
ibm650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #55
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've noticed no difference at all with 2.3.3, but as I was perfectly pleased with my Kindle before the update, that's no problem.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #56
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't updated yet (been too busy with work). I may skip this one and go for the next one as I have no issues with 2.3 and I'm too lazy to remove my hacks for such a minor update.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #57
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
The update fixes a lot of the problems 2.3 created for me. This was not the problem for all devices so those who get nothing out of this update are lucky. Deleting files was problematic. Getting subscriptions was a problem. Frequent reboots when on the web too.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #58
fbueller
fbueller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok, admittedly stupid newbie question - I have the screensaver hack installed on 2.3 on my Kindle 2. If I want to upgrade, I do the 2.3 remove, then get 2.3.3, then reinstall the 2.3 hack? Is there a specific 2.3.3 hack, or do I just use the existing 2.3 one? I can't find a specific 2.3.3 one out there, so I assume it's safe to use the 2.3 hack after upgrading the firmware to 2.3.3, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.
fbueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #59
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
@fbueller: yup, you got it right. The screensaver hack for 2.3 works fine with 2.3.3. I think the font hack does too, but you'll have to read back through this thread for confirmation of that.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #60
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
If I cut my wireless on, how long should I wait before the update occurs automatically?
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote