Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
dennis7450
dennis7450 began at the beginning.

Device: none
error message in upload

Hello everyone,

I have uploaded two books to Kindle successfully, but on my 3rd book i keep getting this message:

Attention
An unexpected error occurred. We have been notified and will look into it as soon as we can. Meanwhile, please try again in a few minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I CAN upload the book in the RTF format, but not the MOBI format. And the RTF has a lot of formatting irregularities on Kindle, so it isn't usable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dennis
dennis7450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis7450 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have uploaded two books to Kindle successfully, but on my 3rd book i keep getting this message:

Attention
An unexpected error occurred. We have been notified and will look into it as soon as we can. Meanwhile, please try again in a few minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I CAN upload the book in the RTF format, but not the MOBI format. And the RTF has a lot of formatting irregularities on Kindle, so it isn't usable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dennis
And this is a Calibre problem?

That message appears to be from Amazon.
Furthermore, they say THEY will look into it.
There should be a Support contact for publishers. I suggest that you try that.
AND...
IF... it turns out there is a specific error in formatting, then post that message as a continuation of THIS thread.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
dennis7450
dennis7450 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Okay. i went back and looked at the conversion there are different font sizes in different places. I did the whole thing again several times. Same problems.

So, should i save the novel in a different format other than RTF, before adding to Calibre and converting? I don't think this is Amazon, I think it is in the conversion. I checked the fonts in the original manuscript and they are all the same. When it converts it changes. Not all of it. but in several places, places that I checked in the original manuscript, which seem kosher.

any suggestions?

thanks,

Dennis
dennis7450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

Attention
That is not a calibre error message so I am curious, how you are uploading the books to your Kindle?

Quote:
Okay. i went back and looked at the conversion there are different font sizes in different places. I did the whole thing again several times. Same problems.
If by "same problems" you're referring to the previous error message from an unknown source, still not a calibre issue.

Quote:
So, should i save the novel in a different format other than RTF, before adding to Calibre and converting?
any suggestions?
RTF is a suitable format. If this is your novel you are trying to submit to Amazon then you would be better served by asking questions about book creation in the Mobi forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote