Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Question re Overdrive Media Counsel

Just got a Galaxy Tab (because I have to give my cellphone upgrade to my daughter, and I want an android device). I downloaded Overdrive Media Counsel.

Is there a way to return books early through Overdrive Media Counsel?

Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
cayle
cayle doesn't littercayle doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505 and T1, Pocketbook IQ
Much to my frustration, no. There isn't a way to return downloaded ebooks early. Even more annoying is that my library's website for Overdrive sees my tablet as a mobile device and will not let me return books from there either.
cayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Actually, you can return ebooks early, but you can't do it through your phone. Download the ebook to your computer and use ADE to open/read it. Once the book is in your library you can choose the option to return it.

It's inconvenient, but it works. I've done it a few times--especially when an ebook that I've been waiting for comes available and I need to ditch one I've already got to check the new one out.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks. K for both of you!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
This is definitely a missing piece of overdrive. My kids download books using my phone and Overdrive Media Console (but on my account). I download mine using ADE and my kobo. But my kids get through so many books a week and it clogs up my account and stops me checking MY books out. I have to download the kids books to ADE, then immediately return them so I can borrow mine. But I am worried if I do this for 5-6 books at a time too often, they will freeze my account.

Has anyone actually had their account frozen in Overdrive, or is it an urban myth?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
There's a thread about an Overdrive acct being frozen in the General Discussions area.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Has anyone actually had their account frozen in Overdrive, or is it an urban myth?
From what I've read elsewhere on this board, it's because the books were returned too early, not the quantity.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
When I first started using the Free Library of Philadelphia my account was frozen once, it was unfrozen the next day.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
This is definitely a missing piece of overdrive. My kids download books using my phone and Overdrive Media Console (but on my account). I download mine using ADE and my kobo. But my kids get through so many books a week and it clogs up my account and stops me checking MY books out. I have to download the kids books to ADE, then immediately return them so I can borrow mine. But I am worried if I do this for 5-6 books at a time too often, they will freeze my account.

I happens if you return books too quickly, from what I have experienced and what others have said it's less than 24 hours after taking it out. They unfreeze your account within 48 hours and you can use it again. I've only had it done once when I was returning 3 books within a few hours of download (it was my first time using the site and I was just messing about).

Could you not use another account for your children but know the password so you can monitor what they download if that is a concern?
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote