Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
slh17
Ardent beginner
slh17 doesn't litterslh17 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 700
Best ebook store for PRS 700 other than Sony?

Trying to get ready for the imminent arrival of my 700. Can't use Sony now - I'm a Mac user and was just going to ignore the Sony eStore, but it looks as though their prices are much lower than other sites ... is that true?

I'm almost ready to install Vista on my mac so that I can run the Sony software, but it's starting to get expensive and complicated.

Should I just ignore the Sony eStore and buy elsewhere? Where's the best selection and price for a Canadian?
slh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by slh17 View Post
Trying to get ready for the imminent arrival of my 700. Can't use Sony now - I'm a Mac user and was just going to ignore the Sony eStore, but it looks as though their prices are much lower than other sites ... is that true?

I'm almost ready to install Vista on my mac so that I can run the Sony software, but it's starting to get expensive and complicated.

Should I just ignore the Sony eStore and buy elsewhere? Where's the best selection and price for a Canadian?
Fictionwise.com is generally the same price or better than the Sony store... especially if you are a club member. But you need to be willing to learn to remove DRM. Do you have access to any Windows PCs?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
slh17
Ardent beginner
slh17 doesn't litterslh17 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 700
I set the sony software up on my work PC, but it won't connect to the internet - first downloaded software I've had problems with. So I have the Sony book store there, but still can't make it work.

what a pain.
slh17 is offline   Reply With Quote