Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #91
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
yeah she can't use an ipad
LOL
the thought of the mess she would make with that !!!
I was looking at the Pocketbook one looks good too?
thanks so much

I'm liking the Pandigital novel but I read some terrible reviews on here I wish I new if it was a good ereader?
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #92
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklein View Post
yeah she can't use an ipad
LOL
the thought of the mess she would make with that !!!
I was looking at the Pocketbook one looks good too?
thanks so much

I'm liking the Pandigital novel but I read some terrible reviews on here I wish I new if it was a good ereader?
If you can wait a couple of months there *will* be good color LCD readers/webpads on the market. But right now all that have shipped are rush-job/placeholder type devices with really raw software.

The announced Pocketbook IQ is a possibility if it truly runs the Pocketbook app suite from the eInk readers.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #93
nklein
Enthusiast

what about a jetBook? I've read a bit but still am not sure is it backlite? can it be read in the dark?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, a Jetbook is not backlit. It's a reflective LCD screen, meaning that it needs external light.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #95
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Isn't the only back-lit LCD out there (non-colour) the ebookwise 1150?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #96
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Same hardware, older software is the REB1100. Easy conversions, but only 1-bit (black/white) display. Super cheap on eBay: ~$30.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #97
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Isn't the only back-lit LCD out there (non-colour) the ebookwise 1150?
Given that the poster says:

Quote:
my mom has a ebookwise 1150 that you can barely buy any authors on she needs something backlite and with a bigger screen
I would imagine that he's looking for something different.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #98
nklein
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given that the poster says:
I would imagine that he's looking for something different.

lol
I'm a she
yah my mom has the 1150 and I was looking for a ebook for her, out of 93 authors she reads, only Dan Brown still sells on Ebookwise.com!!

I need to find something for her! I've tried calibre and convert a few of my ebooks for her but there were some conversion problems "@#^*" instead of words??
Old 08-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #99
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I honestly would look at the Kindle with the lighted cover. It's completely different to using a "clip-on" light, and the lighting works very well indeed. You're really going to struggle to find anything that's back-lit; back-lighting is distinctly "out of fashion" when it comes to dedicated reading devices.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #100
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
There are a few colour, back-lit ebook readers. I think they are listed in the e-book reader matrix (under wiki, at the top of the page). I read up on the new back-lit reader from Augen, recently. It's not very pricey, either. You could also try to see if you could find something like the Sony Clie on ebay.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #101
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
A small android tablet with Aldiko would work for ePubs. An old Palm LifeDrive with the Gorilla Glass screens and a Compact Flash HD are going for around $200 on eBay -- you'd have to use something like Peanut Reader or some of the other older ebook/html programs, though. The good thing is that they're all based on HTML so conversion would be easy.

The REB1100 is based on HTML, too, so again conversion would be easy. Calibre makes RB files. Lousy graphics, everything else is pretty good.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #102
nklein
Enthusiast

ok so where can I buy a pocketbook IQ ?
what formats can it read?
thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #103
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
See in http://www.pocketgoods.de
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #104
nklein
Enthusiast

thanks

Tags
pocketbook