Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
novascotiareader
novascotiareader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Happy Boxing Day! new here and happy

Hi All!

I am the happy and proud owner of a Sony Reader PRS-700 as of yesterday, and read my first 600 plus page book already. I found it very comfortable on my eyes, although I wish the side lights extended a bit more illumination to the center of the page - my plus 40 eyes need the help! (But not so much of an issue that I needed to change the zoom).

It's been easy to use for the most part although I found the downloading of books a bit of a struggle - firewall issues probably, which I need to sort out.

I'm looking forward to browsing these threads now, and learning about how other people are using and enjoying their readers. Even a year ago I would have said I wouldn't be interested in a book that wasn't "real" but I'm glad I changed my mind.

Cheers!
novascotiareader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead!

If you'd like to spend some time reading the classics, you can get your fix here at MobileRead. Through the generosity of a number of members, several thousand books have been posted into the forums here and are freely available to download. Take a browse through the wiki (https://wiki.mobileread.com/ ) and you'll see that there are any number of places to get free books for your Sony and even several stores you can shop in besides the Sony Store.

Welcome, welcome. We're glad you've come to visit.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, and Happy Boxing Day to you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
hI novascotiareader and welcome to the Forum. Always happy to have a 'Newfy' join us. Enjoy your 700
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
hI novascotiareader and welcome to the Forum. Always happy to have a 'Newfy' join us. Enjoy your 700
Just a bit of a georgraphy lession, a "Newfie" is from Newfoundland, not Nova Scotia.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
novascotiareader
novascotiareader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Thanks for all the welcomes! And thanks for the "correction" Wetdogeared, although I liked the pun of "new"fy!

Happy e-reading all!

NSR
novascotiareader is offline   Reply With Quote