Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
"Sex and Murder": an extreme horror novel.

Hello all, Douglas Rhodes here. This seems to be a great place to come into contact with the audience I'm attempting to find for my novel, so I thought I'd post a sort of press packet for it.

In short, "Sex and Murder" is a masterpiece of hardcore horror, it follows serial killer Robert Parker from his first dabbling in murder to the mastery of his art and on into a dark and decadent world even he never dreamed existed.

Here's the blurb:
"Robert Parker always knew he was a killer—he just needed to let it out. Stuck in traffic behind a driver who won't even attempt the speed limit he realizes the time has come. In the grizzly act of that first murder Robert is born anew. An artist of death and slaughter, he begins to ply his trade in earnest growing bolder with each new victim.

Warned by an enigmatic stranger that he's left too much of a trail, Robert begins a cross country flight from justice, leaving a slew of bodies in his wake. Along the way he encounters a host of deviants, killers, and criminals, all of whom seem to steer him towards the one man who holds the key to Robert's next evolution."

Here's the trailer:

You can read a full chapter excerpt at my home website www.DouglasAllenRhodes.com where you can also find links to my reviews and some other great stuff.

Or if you'd like to go buy a copy, they're $5.95 and are available from wildchildpublishing.com in .pdf format or you can find "Sex and Murder" at fictionwise in their multiformat.

Last edited by Douglas Rhodes; 12-05-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wow, a YouTube trailer for an e-book! Massive cool! best luck with this sales promotion. I hope that it works for you and that there will be others who try the same. About time that we had a new paradigm.

Now, as for the book... $300 please, you can pay the lady at the door...

Kidding - I'm going to get a copy and put it on the Endless Reading List.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the trailer. Glad you liked it. Let me know what you think of "Sex and Murder".
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote