Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 16: Stories from the 1001 Nights. v1

Stories from the Thousand and One Nights

There are many translations of 1001 Nights. None of them agree on the exact contents. Many of the stories are from other cultures and included only by tradition. (In this case two of the most famous ones are included only in the appendix - The Story of "‘Ala-ed-Din and the Wonderful Lamp" and "The Story of ‘Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.")

This is not the complete 1001 Nights, it contains only a selection -- it has 39 stories plus 2 more in the appendix. One printing of the complete work was published in 16 volumes.

30 down, 19 to go, or 61.22% complete.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume XVI.lrf (627.0 KB, 1787 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yay!

Every time I see a new volume, I am impressed again at how relevant or classic the books are!

And amazingly it is almost reaching the 2/3 mark!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I grew up with the Harvard Classics (A very old set!) in our house and had to give them up when my husband and I moved to a new state. I am thrilled to see these in digital form, especially this volume. It is one of my favorites.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I am glad that you enjoyed them and welcome to MobileRead.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
Jelis
Enthusiast
Jelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enough

Device: sony 505
Thank you, RWood, for these volumes. I just downloaded 6 more volumes, am planning to start reading following 15 minutes method. Started to convert the pbook references to the digital pages in my prs 505.

Thank you again.

Jelis
Jelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert