Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
kyfho23
kyfho23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb TV Listings on the Kindle

Hello all...
Anyone know of a TV listings site that looks good on the kindle web browser? Yahoo's is terrible. I'd like to find one that lets me customize it for my cable provider (so local listings are shown).

Appreciate any ideas...

Chris
kyfho23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Both of my favorite sites (myway and titantv) will not come up on the Kindle at all, so I have no way of knowing how they might display.

Seems a lot of the sites use java ...

and .... hold on .... let me try them with javascript enabled and I'll get back to you.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

And, yes ... the myway page displays rather nicely on the kindle. However, note: set up your Kindle page with the default white background.

You may also want to set up your TV listings on the computer, although it can be done on the Kindle. Just select each TV station call sign (not the number of the channel) and that will mark the check box.

You can also get weather listings, news and other information from myway. It's free, they have few (if any) ads. And, the page is highly customizable (the two column display seems to work best).

Just make sure you have both cookies and javascript enabled.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
kyfho23

Well, it worked up to the point where I was actually going to the grid page! I kept getting the non-responsive website message. I'll keep trying, and thank you...I'd forgotten about My Way.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfho23 View Post
Well, it worked up to the point where I was actually going to the grid page! I kept getting the non-responsive website message. I'll keep trying, and thank you...I'd forgotten about My Way.
I got past the grid page .... so I know it can work. But, I found that by splitting up my pages, I'm not quite so dependent on the grid. Although, once I got my fonts set up in a way that displayed best on the Kindle, I found it really worked well for me.

Which is nice, because I always have my Kindle with me when I go to bed, and now, if I don't feel like reading, I've got a quick tv reference at hand.
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
kyfho23

grrrrrrr...still can't get past the "website not responding" warning. wish i knew why.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Well .... if you message me your phone number, I could call you and we could talk you through it. It might be faster than trying to work it out here in the forum.

It's worked really well for several people I know, so there must be something that's glitching it for you.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
kyfho23

Thanks, I'll muddle thru somehow.