Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
derekjanet
derekjanet began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook
Tip to easly turn Cybook Gen3 page

Tip to make it easer to turn a page on cybook gen3
To make it easy to turn over a page on my cybook gen3 I cut out a square piece of cardboard, (a piece from a leather belt of similar thickness would be better), of similar colour to my cybook leather case, fitting the square hole in the leather case, leaving a small square hole in the centre so that I was able to press the centre button. I use electrical tape to keep it in place. It is much easer on the thumb. It would be helpful if the the designer of the leather case could alter it, leaving just a hole in the middle, with printed arrows around the hole. I must say the square must fit pretty perfectly, similar thickness to the leather case, so that it looks part of the case.
From derekjanet
derekjanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What makes it hard to turn the pages without this fix?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The page turn button is very "firm" on new CyBooks. It eases off after a few weeks' usage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 AM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I agree though, that the current button is not very nice to use. I would vote for an option to use the center button as next page button.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I agree though, that the current button is not very nice to use. I would vote for an option to use the center button as next page button.
Seconded.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
I vote for the +/- buttons since they do exactly nothing in reading mode

Current button is very much like the one on Palm TX and I find it quite fine - a bit stiff but it will get better in time (if my experience with TX can be extrapolated).
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Current button is very much like the one on Palm TX and I find it quite fine - a bit stiff but it will get better in time (if my experience with TX can be extrapolated).
It does; my Gen3 is almost 4 months old now and the button is a lot easier to press than it was when it was new (or perhaps my thumb muscles have got stronger through pressing it for a couple of hours a day ).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
I think the center button is to noisy to be used for page turn. You will probably disturb other people when reading if you use it for page turn.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
One short press on the centre button could change the page and a longer press could bring up the menu.

The volume buttons could function similar: short press to turn pages, long press to change text size (or zoom in pdf)
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
bookwormfjl
Book Junkie
bookwormfjl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505; Cybook Gen 3; Kindle 1; Kindle 2; Kindle DX; Nook
Another Page Turning Button

Yes, I would definitely like to see another page turning button on the Gen 3. That's one of the things I like about my Sony 505!
bookwormfjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Though i have to say, that the 505 is not much better than the CyBook in terms of userfriendly buttons. The 500s buttons are better than the 505s and none of the devies has them at a convenient place. I guess thats where the kindle is better, although they seem to have gon over the top. But i havent had a kindle in my hands yet.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The one thing I would defiantly change on the 505 is there the page turn buttons are. I'd move the left side buttons up to the middle.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think the center button is to noisy to be used for page turn. You will probably disturb other people when reading if you use it for page turn.
I agree: when I read late at night, and I use the center button, it will actually wake up my husband.
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I don't know why this is of any concern. In my opinion, it is no harder to press the button than it is to turn a page. I just wish the button would turn pages faster or that there was a feature that allowed me to turn lots of pages at one time (10 pages at once).
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
I don't know why this is of any concern. In my opinion, it is no harder to press the button than it is to turn a page. I just wish the button would turn pages faster or that there was a feature that allowed me to turn lots of pages at one time (10 pages at once).
I think you want a 505 then. If you hold down the page turn button, it skips ahead or back 10 pages.