Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Evopedia on most recent firmware

Hi,

I've noticed that evopedia doesn't seem to work on the most recent firmware. Does anyone know how to get it to work again? I considered it one of the most useful programms on the M92. (Unfortunately, it always took a long time to start.)
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Evopedia works for me. I have used only the latest firmware till now as i bought my ereader in Jan; I don't know if it worked/functioned differently in previous firmwares. What is the exact problem that you are facing?

Last edited by Feher; 04-04-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Valec

I can run the oar-file; then the browser shows up with the wireless screen. Then I close the wireless screen, and then sometimes the index shows up, but sometimes nothing at all happens for a long time (just shows "connecting to..."). As I noticed that it works now, and it didn't on the last days, I conjectured that it's related to wether it can connect to a wireless or not... though by design, wireless shouldn't be needed.

I have to play with that a bit more to see when it works and when not.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Hi,
Maybe I can help you because I'm facing a somewhat similar "problem".

The thing (at least for me) is, that evopedia isn't really broken and it works without WiFi connection.

So here is my solution (hopefully it helps):

1) click on evopedia.oar
2) the browser starts up
3) the connect to WiFi dialog pops up (where you could choose a WiFi network if you wanted to)
4) of course you wanna work offline, without a connection to any WiFi (although you could also connect if you want to...). So just click away the dialog box (X in the upper right corner) without connecting to a WiFi
5) now the popup closes and the device is stuck at "connecting to..."
But as far as I could figure out this only happens the first time you start evopedia after a complete shutdown of the device e.g. after a reboot
6) Now comes the interesting part:
Tap on the symbol with the world and the keyboard in front of it, it's the rightmost symbol in the top bar, next to the refresh/abort/favorites symbols
7) now the dialog where you can enter a new address should pop up... In it there stands "http://127.0.0.1:8080/" - DON'T change this line and just click "OK"
8) Now the site should refresh and show the evopedia start screen

This works for me, hopefully it'll help you too.

Good Luck

P.S. just clicking the refresh button doesn't seem to work - you have to go the way through the address pop up

EDIT: Maybe after step 7) you have to wait a couple of seconds...

Last edited by gettix; 04-18-2013 at 02:54 PM.
gettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
axiomize
axiomize began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
evopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettix View Post
Hi,
So here is my solution (hopefully it helps):
This works for me too. I use evopedia quite a lot, a speedup would be great. I guess with multitasking it won't be that much of a problem anymore, although I noticed that evopedia sucks quite a lot of battery (I guess this is because it turns the wireless on...)

Martin
axiomize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Valec

Thanks a lot! This was indeed the problem, I was sometimes stuck at 5), and sometimes not, and I could not make out any systematic behaviour. But a little speedup would be nice, starting evopedia is quite slow.