Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #61
Bronwyn
Bronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo
Checked with Harvey Norman on Sunday. They thought they may have Glos "out the back" which haven't been checked in yet. Looks like my Skindigital cover (ordered Sun. & shipped already)will arrive first.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #62
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Bookworld's website has switched from "December 4 release" to "In Stock". Who knows if they're fibbing?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #63
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
http://www.bookworld.com.au/kobo-glo

^ Yesterday all kobo glo's were in stock shipped in 7-10 days
Now, they are categorised with 2-3 days fast, free delivery except for the black one :O
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #64
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I'll wait for Office Works, Friday supposedly, and get my black one for $138 as a price match for Harris Tech - who are also (supposedly) receiving theirs on Friday.

Hope these Glos are darn well worth it after all this hanging in, eh!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #65
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JB Hi Fi is listing Kobo Glos as in stock in several stores in NSW, one in Queensland, and one in Victoria. A user at the Whirlpool forums reported buying one in person at a JB. So the stock is no longer phantom!
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #66
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
JB Hi Fi is listing Kobo Glos as in stock in several stores in NSW, one in Queensland, and one in Victoria.
Hey! I was going to say that!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #67
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strangely, the Collins site still has the Mini as 'pre-order' even though it is on the shelf at JBHiFi.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #68
murg
No Comment

JB's now lists 9 NSW, 3 Vic, 2 Qld and 2 ACT stores with Glos.

The flow to JB stores doesn't make any sense. I would expect the Westfield Sydney store, which is the premiere hardware only store, to get the Glos first, or at least fairly close to the front of the queue.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #69
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Murg: Yep, none of their stock flow makes sense. People were walking in and picking up Glos off the shelf 24 hours ago, but my pre-order still hasn't shipped.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #70
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I checked in person at my local NSW JB Hifi and still no show (nor does the web entry show it's avail at that store).

I'm wondering if it's been delivered to most/all stores but they need to be unpacked and ready to go on the shelves before the store acknowledges that they're available.

That would make sense out of which stores are showing it and which aren't.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #71
Sezza_e
Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.Sezza_e for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: KOBO Glo
I was after the silver version - all online stores now sold out due to demand. I have been to local jbhifi and harvey norman no such luck and the most silver they have on order is 2.

Anyone managed to purchase in person??
Sezza_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #72
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I checked in person at my local NSW JB Hifi and still no show (nor does the web entry show it's avail at that store).

I'm wondering if it's been delivered to most/all stores but they need to be unpacked and ready to go on the shelves before the store acknowledges that they're available.

That would make sense out of which stores are showing it and which aren't.
My local JB Hifi (NSW) had stock of the pink kobo glo (whereas the site says no pickup available). Apparently they just arrived today! Didn't get to play with the light because the device wasn't connected.

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 12-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #73
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
The people at my local JB's know I want the Glo, so if they came in, I think they'd get me one.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #74
Bronwyn
Bronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo
I gave up on JB Hi Fi, Harvey Norman etc & ordered a black Kobo Glo from Bookworld, 2-3 days for delivery (free )
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #75
murg
No Comment

A lot more JB's have them in stock, at least according to the website.

Strangely, of the 4 stores in the centre of the Sydney CBD, only one has stock.