Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #391
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, 2.6.1(b) is the latest release. Kobo are still doing beta's for the next release.
I wonder if I maybe miss read the information, especially since I cant find the page I was at.

Regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #392
ragnor
ragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: None
Hello,

I've updated my Glo to 2.6.1, which I don't like, and I want to downgrade to 2.5.1 again.
I downloaded this file:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.5.1.zip

And, if I've understand everything, I only have to unzip this on .kobo folder and unplug my Glo.
Is this OK?

Thank you!
ragnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #393
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
I downloaded this file:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.5.1.zip

And, if I've understand everything, I only have to unzip this on .kobo folder and unplug my Glo.
Almost. You'll have to do a factory reset first, fake the registration, unzip KoboRoot.tgz from that file, then copy KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo directory on your Glo.

Warning: the factory reset will remove everything from your Kobo.
Also, the fake registration is necessary to avoid the system updating itself.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #394
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Actually faking the registration is not really required; you could (as some other threads have mentioned) do the initial setup by Kobo Desktop, and then prior to ejecting the device delete the update files from the Kobo and replace them by the F/W level you wanted (ie the ones for 2.5.1).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #395
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
ragnor, can I ask you why you want to downgrade? I'm askying because I would update
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #396
redia
redia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kobo glo
sorry if this question has already been asked.
but I cannot seem to find an answer to a probably stupid question.
how do I know which version of the Glo I have (905/905b/905c) ?

thanks for any help,
R
redia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #397
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redia View Post
sorry if this question has already been asked.
but I cannot seem to find an answer to a probably stupid question.
how do I know which version of the Glo I have (905/905b/905c) ?

thanks for any help,
R

Glo is Glo. The Touch had had 3 models.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #398
redia
redia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Glo is Glo. The Touch had had 3 models.
DUH !!!
I knew it was a stupid question... lol !!!!
thank you so much.
no wonder I could not find any info on that.
I have no clue how I missed that..

Cheers,
R
redia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #399
ragnor
ragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blueragnor can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: None
Thank you BWinmill and PeterT. At least, I did what Peter said about doing the set-up with the computer and deleting the .tgz file, and everything worked fine.
Also, everytime I sync I will have to erase .tgz file, but I don't use that too much.

Lucas Malor: I haven't found any bug, but I didn't like the Aura feel and the design unconsistency. I prefer the old one, with more contrast and minimalistic.

Kind regards!
ragnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #400
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Mark 4 Hardware: Glo/Mini/Touch Low Cost (N905C Model) 2.5.2
broke my Kobo Mini. I tried many times to reset it, in different ways described in different places in the internet, but nothing worked. I had to send in my Kobo mini.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #401
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
bhewson has posted that 2.8.1 is out.

If this is true, it looks like Kobo is on a monthly release schedule.

The Desktop hasn't changed.

Last edited by murg; 07-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #402
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Word has it that the italics/bold issue is finally fixed. Fingers crossed someone awesome will post direct links soon.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #403
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Anyone manage to capture the update yet?
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #404
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
link edited out

For those that wish the glo/aura update to 2.8.1

beware though PeterT is on the warpath if you do download it.

regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 07-23-2013 at 05:28 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #405
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
beware though PeterT is on the warpath if you do download it.
I'd guess he mentioned it since posting copyrighted materials here is frowned upon. I know I got smacked by a mod once for posting a link to some free software once.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote