Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #76
Interfredzo
Interfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enoughInterfredzo will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1
Hey Morkl. I really like the modifications you've done. For me the homescreen and Reader are nearly perfect now. Thanks a lot.

Like many others i would like to see a battery[%] and time indicator in statusbar/homescreen and reader.

Some thinks I would like to see:
-Progress bar in Reading app like in Coolreader and Fbreader
-An option in statusba r(like wifi on/off) or an app to completly disable/enable full page refresh. (Not just in Browser app butt wenn scrolling in systemsettings and other apps

Last edited by Interfredzo; 01-21-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #77
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Decided to root my T1 today to give your Apps a go and I really like them so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interfredzo View Post
-An option in statusbar (like wifi on/off) or an app to completly disable/enable full page refresh. (Not just in Browser app butt wenn scrolling in systemsettings and other apps
That would be really nice, right now scrolling in Apps and Settings is a pain.
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #78
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Woo, new versions! Available here!

Reader:
  • Reloads settings on media mount; should fix the problem with custom buttons not showing up after reboot

Reader:
  • Default font size should work now
  • Custom font sizes in the font size selector
  • Custom fonts' names show up in the font size view
  • Slightly improved partial refresh handling (refreshes after zooming)
N.B: From now, the modified Reader replaces the stock Reader. This is because of the way the default font size setting works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
This update has been implemented a while ago. The APK (based on FBReaderJ 1.3.1 with my changes for background and paging buttons) carries my signature, so if you currently have the stock version installed, you may need to uninstall it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzent View Post
Aaaaahhhh, this is great man, it works indeed
You made me a happy man, I completly oversee your update......
Thanks ......
Great work porkupan! Glad to hear it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interfredzo View Post
Hey Morkl. I really like the modifications you've done. For me the homescreen and Reader are nearly perfect now. Thanks a lot.

Like many others i would like to see a battery[%] and time indicator in statusbar/homescreen and reader.

Some thinks I would like to see:
-Progress bar in Reading app like in Coolreader and Fbreader
-An option in statusba r(like wifi on/off) or an app to completly disable/enable full page refresh. (Not just in Browser app butt wenn scrolling in systemsettings and other apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Decided to root my T1 today to give your Apps a go and I really like them so far.

That would be really nice, right now scrolling in Apps and Settings is a pain.
I'm thinking of making a little utility app that just puts the screen in the fast black/white mode, like the browser hack but without having to open the browser, and it could be linked from the outside. Apps that set the update mode explicitly will override it as usual though.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #79
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Question regarding installing the new mod_Reader: I have the 1/18 version installed via no-root method. You mention that from now on, the modified Reader replaces the stock Reader. Does that mean that I need to delete the old version from the T1 first before installing the new version? If then, what would be the best way to do that when my T1 isn't rooted? Thanks much for the wonderful work, as always!

ps. And the css folder and the style.css file stay the same??

Last edited by soseono; 01-22-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #80
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
N.B: From now, the modified Reader replaces the stock Reader. This is because of the way the default font size setting works.
Is there a simple way to back up the Sony version of the Reader app? Not that we should ever need that again, but just in case... .

Cheers,
Simon.
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #81
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
What's the difference between Rupor's 'ebookhome' and yours. It's getting more and more confusing (for me); your readme in the ebookhome refers to the reader, doesn't mention version. I am no longer sure of what I am installing.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #82
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Rupor: can I let your contentmanager replace the existing (stock) one without danger? Does anybody have screenshots of Rupor's contentmanager?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #83
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Question regarding installing the new mod_Reader: I have the 1/18 version installed via no-root method. You mention that from now on, the modified Reader replaces the stock Reader. Does that mean that I need to delete the old version from the T1 first before installing the new version? If then, what would be the best way to do that when my T1 isn't rooted? Thanks much for the wonderful work, as always!

ps. And the css folder and the style.css file stay the same??
It doesn't break anything if the old one stays, but it doesn't hurt to remove it either.

If you use the modified homescreen, you can temporarily put an app_syssetting button somewhere to access the Android settings menu. From there, Applications->Manage applications->"Reader"->Uninstall.

If not using the modified homescreen, I guess guess it'd be easiest to just run the restore set.

Yes, it still links to storage/css/style.css

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Is there a simple way to back up the Sony version of the Reader app? Not that we should ever need that again, but just in case... .

Cheers,
Simon.
I just extracted mine from porkupan's file system dump. I guess it'd be easier to just run the restore set than manually reinstall the stock apps though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
What's the difference between Rupor's 'ebookhome' and yours. It's getting more and more confusing (for me); your readme in the ebookhome refers to the reader, doesn't mention version. I am no longer sure of what I am installing.
I'm not 100% up to date on Rupor's EbookHome, but I think the main differences are that his version has Russian locale and the "Recently Read" instead of "Recently Added" on the first screen is optional (requiring his modified EbookSetting; I intent to merge that feature to my version in the future), while my version has the configurable buttons.

The EbookHome package has been updated with the correct readme. I've stopped trying to put version numbers on everything, so the upload date is the closest thing to a version number.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #84
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
EbookReader v.2012-01-22 feedback

Thanks! I ran the restore-set (really, with your modified Reader app, there's no more need for me to root... ) and installed the new version. All went well, the font-size setting works well, but...

The app needs to refresh after the button-hold multiple page flips. When you press and hold the prev or the next button, the page keeps flipping in black-and-white (non-greyscale) mode, and when you release the button, the flipping stops and the stock app refreshes once to bring the proper greyscaled display back. This version of yours doesn't. I guess this is the same kind of problem as the extra refresh after coming out of zoom?

As for the partial refreshes, I found that the count is exact when I flip the pages with screen swipes only, but not so when I use the buttons. If my setting is 6, and I flip the pages with just the next button, the full refresh comes at 6, 11, 6, 5, 6, 6, 9, 6, 5, 5, 10, 6, 6, 6, 23, ... This randomness continues even if I go out to Home and come back to the book. And then there are the occasional two-page flips when using the button (latest Sony firmware bug). I don't know if the two are related, though.

Regardless, this modded Reader app really makes my day.

Last edited by soseono; 01-22-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #85
Morkl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Thanks! I ran the restore-set (really, with your modified Reader app, there's no more need for me to root... ) and installed the new version. All went well, the font-size setting works well, but...

The app needs to refresh after the button-hold multiple page flips. When you press and hold the prev or the next button, the page keeps flipping in black-and-white (non-greyscale) mode, and when you release the button, the flipping stops and the stock app refreshes once to bring the proper greyscaled display back. This version of yours doesn't. I guess this is the same kind of problem as the extra refresh after coming out of zoom?

As for the partial refreshes, I found that the count is exact when I flip the pages with screen swipes only, but not so when I use the buttons. If my setting is 6, and I flip the pages with just the next button, the full refresh comes at 6, 11, 6, 5, 6, 6, 9, 6, 5, 5, 10, 6, 6, 6, 23, ... This randomness continues even if I go out to Home and come back to the book. And then there are the occasional two-page flips when using the button (latest Sony firmware bug). I don't know if the two are related, though.

Regardless, this modded Reader app really makes my day.
Yep, same problem. Haven't figured out how to make it refresh reliably when coming out of fast forward mode yet.

Ooops, I guess it does some extra (non-flashy) screen refreshes when using the buttons. I'll look into it. Wasn't even aware of the page button bug; I almost always use the swipe to turn pages.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #86
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Rupor: can I let your contentmanager replace the existing (stock) one without danger? Does anybody have screenshots of Rupor's contentmanager?
My APKs desined to work together - replacing only content manager has never been tested.

Main purpose of the set is to add proper RU localization and allow full integration of FB2 and FB2.ZIP into Sony's shell. So they are mostly of interest for Russian speaking/reading audience.

By no means EbookHome from my set has Morkl's enhancements - the only feature which may actually exists in both sets (Morkl's and mine) is Recently Read/Recently Added on the first screen, but in my set it is configurable through standard settings and requires cooperation from EbooSetting.apk.

You could see some screenshots of my work here - just page through the discussion
Old 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #87
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Morkl,

This is the first time I've looked through this thread in detail as I see that your modified EbookHome.app can now be installed on a non-rooted T1.

I have a question, please. Are there any sections of the homemod.xml file which should not be used with a non-rooted device? Obviously, I understand I will only be able to rearrange stock apps as I don't have anything else.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #88
Morkl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Morkl,

This is the first time I've looked through this thread in detail as I see that your modified EbookHome.app can now be installed on a non-rooted T1.

I have a question, please. Are there any sections of the homemod.xml file which should not be used with a non-rooted device? Obviously, I understand I will only be able to rearrange stock apps as I don't have anything else.
My device is non-rooted at the moment and I haven't encountered any problems. When pressing a button assigned to an app that isn't installed (i.e. anything that isn't a stock app or a URL), the button just stays depressed and the home screen keeps running.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #89
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thanks, that sound's harmless.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #90
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Woo, new versions! Available here!
@Morkl

I've installed new version. Unfortunately I've changed in reader.xml all six fonts to suit my preferences, put them all in fonts folder and now my prs t1 doesn't boot. I've screwed up it! Tried hard rest nothing. Any chance helping me?!

P.S. my sony is rooted with minimal zeam set

Last edited by giosa; 01-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Closed Thread